Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2014, 07:58 PM

838 posts, read 1,347,427 times

Advertisements

The last console I bought was the original Xbox back in 2001. Played it for about a year and sold it to a friend for $50. I thought my gaming days were over. Just wasn't into it anymore. But after seeing all these new Mario games coming out the past few years, I started getting the itch so I bought a Wii U.

I always loved Nintendo when I was a kid. I owned the NES, SNES and N64 and enjoyed them a lot. I'm hoping I can get the same enjoyment out of this system. The Wii U won me over because of the Virtual Console. Being able to play old NES and SNES games is awesome.

Anyway, I bought the New Super Mario Bros U and Luigi U deluxe set and hope to get playing shortly. Of course it's taking about an hour to download a system update. Plan on buying Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart in the next couple of weeks.

Anyone have any regrets with this console? I've been reviewing for the past week and I know the PS4 and Xbox One are more powerful but they also cost more and don't offer backward compatibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 09:34 PM

4,528 posts, read 5,329,919 times
Cool. I had that bundled set in my hands today at Best Buy but ended up getting a new Asus high end router (RT-AC87R) instead for about the same price. My daughter has been wanting a Wii-U for quite some time now but I'll wait till later before I get it for her.

I want Mario Kart.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:16 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,588,169 times
No regrets.

I have a Wii U for Mario games.... PS4 for everything else. Been a gamer since Atari in 1981.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:42 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,879,603 times
WII U is tolerable for exclusive but if you don't have a PC or elite next gen console you will miss out on block buster multi platform games. I'm under the impression that you own a gaming rig and if so the Wii U will be a great compliment to your PC. I have a PS4 and I will be getting the Wii U soon. In closing I think that the Wii U is a good secondary option but not strong enough to be the only option for core gamers.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:36 AM

838 posts, read 1,347,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
WII U is tolerable for exclusive but if you don't have a PC or elite next gen console you will miss out on block buster multi platform games. I'm under the impression that you own a gaming rig and if so the Wii U will be a great compliment to your PC. I have a PS4 and I will be getting the Wii U soon. In closing I think that the Wii U is a good secondary option but not strong enough to be the only option for core gamers.
I'm not a big gamer like I used to be. After N64 I went into mostly PC gaming like StarCraft, TFC and Counter-Strike with the exception of buying the original Xbox. I just don't like console controllers when it comes to FPS games. I had better control with the keyboard. I still play TFC every once in a while.

So I mostly bought the Wii U for casual gaming. For the Mario games and virtual console.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games