Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2018, 09:41 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,902,630 times

Advertisements

Waiting on that Spider-Man!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 05:50 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Just finished Assassins Creed IV Black Flag, very good game, now I can see why it's considered one of the best of the series. At times the controls seemed a bit janky and frustrating, but overall a great, entertaining game. The DLC content were great too.

After what seemed like a long wait, this week starts a great run of upcoming games. Spiderman 4 seems worth playing, releasing September 7. My long awaited game, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, comes out on September 14. October is Red Dead Redemption 2 of course, but also Assassins Creed Odyssey. November is Fallout 76 and Hitman 2, while December is kind of slow but looking forward to Just Cause 4.

Old 09-03-2018, 03:55 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,189,891 times
I've been playing the kickstarter demo of Project Wingman for the last several days. It plays the way Ace Combat: Shattered Skies does, and that is a great thing. You don't really need a super computer to run this game in its current form. It'll tide me over for the time being until AC7 comes out.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:56 PM

Never thought I'd go back, but starting Fallout 4 again.

This time I am avoiding Preston and the Minute Men as I saw on YouTube this can prevent some annoying aspects of the game.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:26 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Never thought I'd go back, but starting Fallout 4 again.

This time I am avoiding Preston and the Minute Men as I saw on YouTube this can prevent some annoying aspects of the game.
It sucked you back in again huh? lol

Can you elaborate on why you should avoid the minute men and Preston? I'm thinking about restarting it again too.

Old 09-04-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
It sucked you back in again huh? lol

Can you elaborate on why you should avoid the minute men and Preston? I'm thinking about restarting it again too.
One of the reasons why I avoided replaying FO4 for so long was because of how annoying Preston and building the settlements were (the biggest running joke about F04 is the phrase, "another settlement needs your help").

Some aspects of building settlements were cool, but I'm not really much into that. So after watching videos like the one below, where gamers explore different aspects of popular games, I decided to play FO4 again by avoiding Preston.

Some people avoided Concord entirely (where you first meet Preston and his group holed up in a building surrounded by Raiders). I ended up helping Preston, just so I could get the Perception bobblehead doll and magazine located in the building. But I simply walked away without talking to Preston (he angrily mentions something about me just walking away). So as long as I don't talk to him, it won't trigger anything more of that initial rescue mission and I'll just let it sit in my Pipboy queue.

So far so good, the game seems to flow much better without annoying Preston, and I can focus on aligning myself with the Brotherhood of Steel. I've spent a lot of time doing missions in Diamond City and having Piper as a companion is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO_FbzSVsWI

Old 09-05-2018, 09:27 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,189,891 times
Since all of the parts for my racing sim setup have arrived, I've gone back to a mix of F1 2017 and 2018. I basically have to relearn how to drive the damn cars again. Playing on a controller does it zero justice.

Old 09-07-2018, 03:35 PM

Spiderman has got some good reviews, IGN gave it an 8.7 and Gamespot a 9.0.

Worth playing for sure. Tomb Raider just around the corner.

But I'll be occupied with FO4 and also I have college courses that will take up most of my free time.

Old 09-09-2018, 05:20 AM

8,894 posts, read 211,911 times
Golf It! on Steam

Old 09-09-2018, 05:03 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
One of the reasons why I avoided replaying FO4 for so long was because of how annoying Preston and building the settlements were (the biggest running joke about F04 is the phrase, "another settlement needs your help").

Some aspects of building settlements were cool, but I'm not really much into that. So after watching videos like the one below, where gamers explore different aspects of popular games, I decided to play FO4 again by avoiding Preston.

Some people avoided Concord entirely (where you first meet Preston and his group holed up in a building surrounded by Raiders). I ended up helping Preston, just so I could get the Perception bobblehead doll and magazine located in the building. But I simply walked away without talking to Preston (he angrily mentions something about me just walking away). So as long as I don't talk to him, it won't trigger anything more of that initial rescue mission and I'll just let it sit in my Pipboy queue.

So far so good, the game seems to flow much better without annoying Preston, and I can focus on aligning myself with the Brotherhood of Steel. I've spent a lot of time doing missions in Diamond City and having Piper as a companion is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO_FbzSVsWI
Thanks! That really gives me another direction this go-around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games