Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2019, 09:07 AM

17,379 posts, read 12,341,105 times

Advertisements

I actually preferred Gun on the 360 to the original Red Dead...so I may skip RDR2 until it at least hits bargain bin prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2019, 07:48 PM

29,532 posts, read 22,783,643 times
The remake of Resident Evil 2 hits later this week. It does look amazing, and even scarier than the original due to the graphics improvement as well as eliminating the loading times between rooms. It might be too scary for me actually. I hope Mr. X is not part of the first play through. I believe in the original RE2, Mr. X only appears during subsequent play throughs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaikQwMoG_w

Old 01-15-2019, 06:08 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,198,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The remake of Resident Evil 2 hits later this week. It does look amazing, and even scarier than the original due to the graphics improvement as well as eliminating the loading times between rooms. It might be too scary for me actually. I hope Mr. X is not part of the first play through. I believe in the original RE2, Mr. X only appears during subsequent play throughs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaikQwMoG_w
I can't wait to see the birth of the baby G monster chest burster. It was pretty gnarly in the original game. I can only imagine how grotesque it'll look in this one. Did you watch the boss fight against William Birkin and listen to him scream about not wanting to die and that the transformation hurts? As for Mr. X, yeah, he looks incredibly daunting this time around.

I'll be playing Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown this Friday through until I get tired of it. If it turns out being as awesome as 4, I won't ever become sick of playing it.

Open Fire Launch Trailer

Old 01-15-2019, 11:09 AM

17,379 posts, read 12,341,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post

I'll be playing Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown this Friday through until I get tired of it. If it turns out being as awesome as 4, I won't ever become sick of playing it.

Open Fire Launch Trailer

Same here. It was on my Christmas list 2 years ago(3?) when it was initially supposed to release, it was pre-ordered for me back then. Ridiculously fun arcade style flight series with some at times hilarious English translation issues.

Old 01-15-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
I can't wait to see the birth of the baby G monster chest burster. It was pretty gnarly in the original game. I can only imagine how grotesque it'll look in this one. Did you watch the boss fight against William Birkin and listen to him scream about not wanting to die and that the transformation hurts? As for Mr. X, yeah, he looks incredibly daunting this time around.

Open Fire Launch Trailer
Ace Combat 7 looks fun as hell, been watching clips of it on YouTube.

I used to love playing these types of games a very long time ago. Nowadays the graphics make it seem so real.

Old 01-16-2019, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Ace Combat 7 looks fun as hell, been watching clips of it on YouTube.

I used to love playing these types of games a very long time ago. Nowadays the graphics make it seem so real.
I'm going to VR it up on my gaming rig. I already have the Thrustmaster T16000M FCS Flight Pack ready for the experience. I wish I had the money for a rotating flight simulator cockpit. That'd be pretty badass.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TokSLPB5_Bs]

Old 01-22-2019, 05:57 AM

5 posts, read 2,344 times
I've played Sims 4... Just an hour ago to help my sister. She's only 5 and needs some help with that stuff.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
I'm going to VR it up on my gaming rig. I already have the Thrustmaster T16000M FCS Flight Pack ready for the experience. I wish I had the money for a rotating flight simulator cockpit. That'd be pretty badass.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TokSLPB5_Bs]
Jeezus, I was getting nauseous just watching the guy using the contraption.

Now this is interesting.

Even though I've always liked IGN as a resource, IGN has really come under fire the past year for some of its shady tactics. And based on what I read recently, IGN deserves the scorn.

Yesterday I was reading IGN's review of RE2 which is coming out this Friday. They gave it a 9.0. But one thing that turned me off was the reviewer stating that once you are done with the first play through as one character, the subsequent play through with the other character was largely the same. As in, same puzzles, same enemy fights, etc. So the reviewer was almost stating that you finish it one time, it's not worth playing again because it's all the same and gets boring. Based on this alone, I wouldn't buy the game for zero replay value. However, Gamespot, which also gave this game a 9.0, did not mention this at all and seemed to like the replay value of subsequent play throughs.

Apparently IGN was falsifying the review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62uUItQL3Do

Old 01-24-2019, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Jeezus, I was getting nauseous just watching the guy using the contraption.

Now this is interesting.

Even though I've always liked IGN as a resource, IGN has really come under fire the past year for some of its shady tactics. And based on what I read recently, IGN deserves the scorn.

Yesterday I was reading IGN's review of RE2 which is coming out this Friday. They gave it a 9.0. But one thing that turned me off was the reviewer stating that once you are done with the first play through as one character, the subsequent play through with the other character was largely the same. As in, same puzzles, same enemy fights, etc. So the reviewer was almost stating that you finish it one time, it's not worth playing again because it's all the same and gets boring. Based on this alone, I wouldn't buy the game for zero replay value. However, Gamespot, which also gave this game a 9.0, did not mention this at all and seemed to like the replay value of subsequent play throughs.

Apparently IGN was falsifying the review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62uUItQL3Do
What amazes me most about that video is how the dude is playing in 3rd person. There's one I saw on FB some months ago where the guy had his VR set going. He was going all out on it.

As for IGN. They haven't been credible for quite some time now. I'm not too surprised about their bogus review. Upon getting the S rank completion, for the first time, on Leon's campaign, you will get the infinite ammo Samurai Edge pistol. All I know is things will get real if the infinite ammo rocket launcher is in this remake.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:48 PM

35,167 posts, read 31,475,700 times
Apparently I went on a drunk game buying binge on my PS3 last year and bought a bunch of PS1 classics. I played some Grandia tonight because I bought a guide for it at a used book store for $3 and saw it in my collection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games