Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2019, 08:05 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kORFMpYK_Tk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2019, 10:43 AM

17,304 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Holy crap the rumors are true. It’s a Star Wars game, by EA, and it is fricken awesome. Played a couple hours last night and that is the most fun I’ve had gaming in a long long time.

Old 11-18-2019, 03:01 AM

106 posts, read 63,309 times
I constantly play CS:GO. This is my favorite game, my friends and I have a semi-professional team. I follow major and minor CSGO events. I also actively play CoD Mobile, a very cool game.

Old 11-18-2019, 10:05 AM

Starting to play division 2 again as some new missions opened up.

Got tired of Spiderman, got two of the bad guys after they broke out of prison but got meh after that.

Old 11-18-2019, 07:40 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yes, it just isn't very satisfying overall. I'm near the end of the main mission but I stopped playing.

I just can't put my finger on it. This is the same developer that made the amazing Fallout New Vegas.

They had plenty enough time to make this game, maybe they were restricted by budget.

It's like an open world game that doesn't feel open world at all. Having to go from planet to station to planet again and again, when the worlds weren't all that big, became tedious.
I bought it, did a lot of side quests, all the companion quests; I got a good ending. Including work and errands, I got 85% of the trophies in less than 2 weeks.

What I liked:
- The ambient banter between companions.
- The cut-ins from companions and NPC responses to them.
- The many ways to do missions; intimidate dudes, lockpick and sneak, fight, bring other item, et al...
- The way the Board characters are portrayed, it feels really good to kill them, and the game lets you ...but, not as gory or theatrical as some of the New Vegas or Skyrim finishers...

What I didn't like:
- Long load times.
- Quests that make you go back and forth through said load times.
- Monarch being the only "planet" that didn't feel like something the size of a small city park.
- All of it put together barely approaches half the content of pre-DLC new vegas.
- The Board is bad and Phineas is good (sorry if I spoiled the opening scene...) and nothing changes that in the game. So it's save the guy who rescued you and wants to save hundreds of thousands of colonists, OR turn him in, bite the hand that saved you, help rich snobs steal what little is left for themselves and, jettison the colonists into space... serioisly, even in fiction I can't RP as that big of a DBag ...that's it, those are your 2 major endings.

Old 11-18-2019, 07:42 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,695 times
Quote:
Yes, it just isn't very satisfying overall. I'm near the end of the main mission but I stopped playing.

I just can't put my finger on it. This is the same developer that made the amazing Fallout New Vegas.

They had plenty enough time to make this game, maybe they were restricted by budget.

It's like an open world game that doesn't feel open world at all. Having to go from planet to station to planet again and again, when the worlds weren't all that big, became tedious.
I bought it, did a lot of side quests, all the companion quests; I got a good ending. Including work and errands, I got 85% of the trophies in less than 2 weeks.

What I liked:
- The many ways to do missions; intimidate dudes, lockpick and sneak, fight, bring other item from.anotjer quest, and such.
- The way the Board characters are portrayed, it feels really good to kill them, and the game lets you ...but, not as gory or theatrical as some of the New Vegas or Skyrim finishers...

What I didn't like:
- Long load times.
- Monarch being the only "planet" that didn't feel like something the size of a small city park.
- All of it put together barely approaches half the content of pre-DLC new vegas.

and the big one...
- The Board is bad and Phineas is good (sorry if I spoiled the opening scene...) and nothing changes that in the game. So it's save the guy who rescued you and wants to save hundreds of thousands of colonists, OR turn him in, bite the hand that saved you, help rich snobs steal what little is left for themselves and, jettison the colonists into space... serioisly, even in fiction I can't RP as that big of a DBag ...that's it, those are your 2 major endings.

Old 11-18-2019, 10:29 PM

17,304 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
That was a recent acquisition.
And even big companies have small budgets for particular projects.

Old 11-19-2019, 06:28 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,275,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
And even big companies have small budgets for particular projects.
Sure, but TOW wasn't big budget to begin with. Being bought by MS over a year ago at minimum liberated marketing budget for development (because Obsidians profits are Microsoft's profits). Let's say for argument TOW had a $20M budget (it's not AAA, and that's half the dev cost of ME:Andromeda a similar style game), it's going to have at least a 20-25% of the development cost in marketing budget, so $4-5M that can be immediately injected into the development team back in 2018 at announcement. Microsofts marketing dept. would take up any slack.

BTW 20-25% development cost is low, some titles have 100-150% development costs in marketing budgets.

And yes by today's game standards a $20M title is cheap.

Old 11-19-2019, 07:18 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,904,667 times
Quote:
Starting to play division 2 again as some new missions opened up.

Got tired of Spiderman, got two of the bad guys after they broke out of prison but got meh after that.
Same here, started back with Division 2 for the third time.

Old 11-19-2019, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post

What I liked:
- The many ways to do missions; intimidate dudes, lockpick and sneak, fight, bring other item, et al...

What I didn't like:
- Long load times.
Very much agree with your likes and dislikes.

The dialogue was the best part of this game for sure. Just the way your companions are incorporated into the banter with NPCs is really nice. The visuals were also very good.

But the dislikes were just too much for me. Not only the long load times but it seems like I spent most of game waiting to load from one area to another, one planet to another, etc., it just wore me out after a while. And despite the years spent on this game, it doesn't particularly feel like a large map either. Which goes back to the loading times as you go from one area to another.

Apparently this game sold well though, so DLC will probably be made for it as I read that some planets weren't even accessible in this game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games