Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2020, 01:32 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Last of Us 2.

Amazing so far, I can't get enough of how incredible the visuals are. Definitely pushing my PS4 Pro to the max in the last gasp stages of the Playstation 4's life span.

The mechanics are all very similar to the first one, so no surprises there. I always though the Last of Us was more of a character and story driven experience than a gaming experience, and the Last of Us 2 continues.
This game has been popping up on a lot of my FB feeds lately. I may have to check it out. Looks AMAZING!! Dont know about gameplay as I've never really heard of the game outside of your posts. But WOW it looks super cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2020, 04:35 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
This game has been popping up on a lot of my FB feeds lately. I may have to check it out. Looks AMAZING!! Dont know about gameplay as I've never really heard of the game outside of your posts. But WOW it looks super cool.
There's something odd going on about the general public's review of this game. The critic's have for the most part have given this game very high reviews, while the general public have been giving it terrible scores. And as the following article points out, the game wasn't even out that long enough for people to have played all of it.

‘The Last Of Us Part 2’ Is Getting Predictably User Score Bombed On Metacritic

I posted a favorable review of this game on one website and people started flaming me. A lot of weirdo's out there.

Anyhow I didn't care much about any of that nonsense. What I do know is that this has so far been an amazing gaming experience at only a few hours of play. Neil Druckmann is without peer in the way he creates these worlds and fills it with memorable characters, dialogue, and scenes. It is indeed a dark game but so was the first one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXOHEKye0nE

Old 06-21-2020, 01:26 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,863,296 times
I quit Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order & already sold it. I had enough of the navigation time consumption & difficulty.

I'm still waiting for the Doom Eternal price to come down. I'm so excited for that game. In the meantime I've played through COD: Infinite Warfare again. Now I'm replaying Control, & I'm a little over half way through. It's even better the second play through! I'm debating if it's in my top 5 PS4 games.

Old 06-22-2020, 09:33 PM

Just finished Last of Us 2, about 34 hours playing time total.

One of the very best games I have ever played. This game has garnered a lot of intense hate from gamers seemingly from the fate of one of its characters, but I am glad Naughty Dog decided to do the sequel their way. Any other game studio would probably have made a lazy but safe sequel with a rescue mission and a happy, sappy ending. I felt this game was a much more honest extension of the first game and the ability to play as different characters on an eventual collision course was an inspired choice usually seen only in motion pictures.

It's not only the jaw dropping visuals that made this game for me, it's also about the journey the various characters undertake and the moral dilemmas they face.

And the ending, wow. I actually thought that when Ellie was back at the farm after all of the things she did (as well as what the other character did), that was how the game was going to end. However, there is a coda that was a very fitting and moving ending. I actually didn't think it was a sad ending, but one that was cautiously optimistic for the future.

Now comes the letdown as I don't even feel like playing Elder Scrolls Online anymore after experiencing Last of Us 2. The next game on my radar is Ghosts of Tsushima coming out on July 17th from the same studio that brought us the Infamous series of games.

Old 07-01-2020, 08:40 AM

8,897 posts, read 212,013 times
Don't Starve Together

Old 07-01-2020, 08:06 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,863,296 times
Finally playing Doom Eternal & it's excellent like I expected. Crazy, fast paced fun. Feels longer & tougher than Doom 2016. Mick Gordon again designed perfect music for the game, though I just read there was a falling out between him & ID Software over this game.

Old 07-02-2020, 01:19 PM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
Agree Doom: E is very good.

Old 07-05-2020, 05:34 AM

21,876 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I quit Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order & already sold it. I had enough of the navigation time consumption & difficulty.

I'm still waiting for the Doom Eternal price to come down. I'm so excited for that game. In the meantime I've played through COD: Infinite Warfare again. Now I'm replaying Control, & I'm a little over half way through. It's even better the second play through! I'm debating if it's in my top 5 PS4 games.
It's Prince of Persia: Star Wars Edition. Interesting mashup for Prince of Persia/Tomb Raider platformer/puzzle elements, Metroidvania, and Souls/Sekiro-lite combat. None of it is really amazing but they borrowed enough and implemented well enough I'd give it a solid B. Nothing really stood out for me as exceptionally well done though either. The platformer and puzzles work better in PoP and Tomb Raider, Sekiro combat is better, and "Metroidvania" on theme park rails. Story does the job and sets the Star Wars vibe linking together the various levels together. It's no masterpiece but like the rest of the game, good enough.

Lately I've been wasting all my time on Monster Train.

Old 07-05-2020, 06:26 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
I tried the f2p Modern Warfare PvP and just got shredded. I’m probably just too old at this point to hang with the CoD addicts, but it’s still cool they made a version of the game available to everyone.

Old 07-08-2020, 05:34 PM

Just got done replaying Last of Us 2.

Now starting up Rise of the Tomb Raider again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games