Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2024, 02:37 PM

4,678 posts, read 3,881,763 times

Advertisements

Kena: Bridge of Spirits. This is a really fun game I've had my eye on for awhile & finally bought. I held off for awhile because I read the bosses are difficult, but I don't find them any more difficult than most games. I'm over halfway through, & the game keeps getting better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2024, 04:50 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,187,817 times
Overwatch 2. Yeah it seems like a silly kid's game in some ways, but it's actually a lot more nuanced and complex than one would think. And the amount of different heros you can be means that you have to learn often completely different play styles, even among those in the same category (tank, DPS or support.) My best hero is Moira bc I 'm not that good at aiming. But I'll also play Ashe or Symmetra some too. Been practicing on DVA as well although she's kind of difficult for me to use effectively. Anyway, although I love FPS games this one is very different from most I've played, and I'm enjoying learning and improving.

Old 02-08-2024, 06:38 PM

29,532 posts, read 22,783,643 times
Just finished Mass Effect 3, an exceptional game. I wish all games were as great as the ME series, full of wonderful, memorable characters and plotlines.

Not sure what to play now, will have to go look at my Steam library. Have a bit of wait until next month where two anticipated action RPG's are being released, Dragon's Dogma 2 from Capcom and Avowed from Obisidian.

Old 02-10-2024, 12:19 PM

29,532 posts, read 22,783,643 times
Started to play Dragon Age Inquisition but then thought to get Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age II since they were so cheap on Steam.

About 5 hours into Dragon Age Origins. Storyline is good but the combat felt weird to me and now I feel more comfortable with it. You can play combat in real time or plan moves while action is paused so it's tricky for me. It's not completely turn based since the game doesn't pause to let the enemy attack. The visuals of course look dated and terrible for being a 2009 release, and even on easy level I find the combat challenging especially when there's a lot of enemies.

Old 02-17-2024, 06:52 PM

9,059 posts, read 216,525 times
Pengu

Old 02-18-2024, 06:11 PM

4,678 posts, read 3,881,763 times
Assassins Creed Mirage

I'm really liking it. I skipped Valhalla & Odyssey because the maps & length to beat became too large for my taste, plus the emphasis away from stealth. This a nice return to the older format.

Old 02-19-2024, 08:00 AM

3,545 posts, read 3,748,742 times
Haven't really played FFXIII-2 as I ended up focusing on getting the platinum for FFXIII instead. I was getting the feeling that I would be less likely to go back to it after a period of time had passed, so I wanted to get the platinum finished on FFXIII before playing anything else, which has now been completed.

There were a few missables (some accessories) for the treasure hunter trophy, but due to FFXIII's linearity, those accessories are easily picked up by making sure to check all available areas, which I was consciously aware of during my playthrough. There are very few hidden areas in the game, and to paraphrase another commenter on YouTube, that makes FFXIII "stress-free compared to open-world games." Perhaps. Other than that, there were no other missables that I encountered.

The main obstacles are 5-starring the side missions and also the grind in acquiring components to sell for gil in order to get the necessary catalysts to upgrade weapons and accessories. Gil is in kept in very short supply with no real shortcuts to juice the figures. It's just a big, long, heavy grind.

Now to properly start on FFXIII-2.

Old 02-19-2024, 10:00 AM

35,167 posts, read 31,475,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post
Haven't really played FFXIII-2 as I ended up focusing on getting the platinum for FFXIII instead. I was getting the feeling that I would be less likely to go back to it after a period of time had passed, so I wanted to get the platinum finished on FFXIII before playing anything else, which has now been completed.

There were a few missables (some accessories) for the treasure hunter trophy, but due to FFXIII's linearity, those accessories are easily picked up by making sure to check all available areas, which I was consciously aware of during my playthrough. There are very few hidden areas in the game, and to paraphrase another commenter on YouTube, that makes FFXIII "stress-free compared to open-world games." Perhaps. Other than that, there were no other missables that I encountered.

The main obstacles are 5-starring the side missions and also the grind in acquiring components to sell for gil in order to get the necessary catalysts to upgrade weapons and accessories. Gil is in kept in very short supply with no real shortcuts to juice the figures. It's just a big, long, heavy grind.

Now to properly start on FFXIII-2.
I absolutely loved FFXIII-2. I ended up platinuming it in about 72h. I played XIII when it came out - have a bunch of trophies, but that save file is long gone. I may restart it later this year. I bought Lightning Returns earlier in the year, but have not played it yet.

I've played about 90h of Granblue Fantasy: Relink this month. I'm close to the platinum, but the last trophy requires collecting all weapons in the game - those last weapons come from a repeatable boss - 5%-8% drop rate - and you have to collect them for all twenty characters. That could be dozens of hours grinding. I just gave up.

I'm working on FF6 right now. I'm almost finished with it at Kefka's Tower, but there's a stupid slot machine trophy that's required for the platinum. I still don't have it after about ten hours or so of auto-battling.

Old 02-19-2024, 05:50 PM

3,545 posts, read 3,748,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I absolutely loved FFXIII-2. I ended up platinuming it in about 72h. I played XIII when it came out - have a bunch of trophies, but that save file is long gone. I may restart it later this year. I bought Lightning Returns earlier in the year, but have not played it yet.

I've played about 90h of Granblue Fantasy: Relink this month. I'm close to the platinum, but the last trophy requires collecting all weapons in the game - those last weapons come from a repeatable boss - 5%-8% drop rate - and you have to collect them for all twenty characters. That could be dozens of hours grinding. I just gave up.

I'm working on FF6 right now. I'm almost finished with it at Kefka's Tower, but there's a stupid slot machine trophy that's required for the platinum. I still don't have it after about ten hours or so of auto-battling.
72h for FFXIII-2 platinum is good news. That is a third of what it took me to platinum FFXIII w/o any QOL speed boost options that a remaster would have. From what little I have played of FFXIII-2, it seems like the battle system is very similar, too, of which I will be familiar enough.

And yeah, I always preferred Setzer's coin toss over that slot mechanic. Manually trying line up the 777 move would end up as logomorph (a negligible healing ability) instead most of the time after a slight miss on the slot. FFVI is a great game. I think I will hit the Pixel Remaster releases after I finish FFXVI.

Old 02-20-2024, 11:21 AM

35,167 posts, read 31,475,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post
72h for FFXIII-2 platinum is good news. That is a third of what it took me to platinum FFXIII w/o any QOL speed boost options that a remaster would have. From what little I have played of FFXIII-2, it seems like the battle system is very similar, too, of which I will be familiar enough.

And yeah, I always preferred Setzer's coin toss over that slot mechanic. Manually trying line up the 777 move would end up as logomorph (a negligible healing ability) instead most of the time after a slight miss on the slot. FFVI is a great game. I think I will hit the Pixel Remaster releases after I finish FFXVI.
The trophy finally popped yesterday after about twelve hours of auto-battling. I had to intervene maybe an hour of that - most of it ran during meetings. Apparently I missed a missable bestiary entry in the World of Balance. I pretty much just rage-completed the game to get it over with.

Maybe it was missing the platinum, the fact that the PR games kind of all run together, but I felt a little wanting after completing VI. The final bosses are great, and it's easily the best game of 1-6, but FF for me will always "begin" at VII.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games