Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2024, 02:01 PM

3,594 posts, read 3,779,452 times

Advertisements

Finished the platinum on FFXVI's The Rising Tide DLC.

I did both DLCs on Final Fantasy mode (hard mode), which increases the level max up to 99+ from normal mode's [around] level 50 or so. To be sure, FF mode is required in order to platinum the Echoes of the Fallen DLC. With TRT, I was on level 98 and couldn't beat Leviathan, so I had to do some intentional extra grinding for the first time. I ended up beating Leviathan at level 107 (110 is max for FF mode). Then I tried getting the Occasio Calva trophy for completing the Kairos Gate trials on FF mode and it was too much work. I had already spent enough time with the game and subsequent DLC, so I switched over to my story mode (normal mode) save file and finished the trials on that one to lock up the platinum.

I was thinking The Rising Tide might have more background on Jill, but it's its own story instead with some light hints at lineage and lore for areas of Valisthea. The Rising Tide DLC pack comes with enhanced fast travel, extra eikons/abilities, extra orchestrion music rolls, and a skin of Cloud's Buster Sword.

(Clive with Cloud's Buster Sword)

That completes everything for my playthrough of FFXVI. I have one more modern mainline FF to go that I haven't yet played, Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition. I have no idea what to expect from it, other than that it's likely to be a wild card. No time frame for completing it as of now, but that's what I will be working on next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2024, 08:37 AM

35,313 posts, read 31,715,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post
Finished the platinum on FFXVI's The Rising Tide DLC.

I did both DLCs on Final Fantasy mode (hard mode), which increases the level max up to 99+ from normal mode's [around] level 50 or so. To be sure, FF mode is required in order to platinum the Echoes of the Fallen DLC. With TRT, I was on level 98 and couldn't beat Leviathan, so I had to do some intentional extra grinding for the first time. I ended up beating Leviathan at level 107 (110 is max for FF mode). Then I tried getting the Occasio Calva trophy for completing the Kairos Gate trials on FF mode and it was too much work. I had already spent enough time with the game and subsequent DLC, so I switched over to my story mode (normal mode) save file and finished the trials on that one to lock up the platinum.

I was thinking The Rising Tide might have more background on Jill, but it's its own story instead with some light hints at lineage and lore for areas of Valisthea. The Rising Tide DLC pack comes with enhanced fast travel, extra eikons/abilities, extra orchestrion music rolls, and a skin of Cloud's Buster Sword.

(Clive with Cloud's Buster Sword)

That completes everything for my playthrough of FFXVI. I have one more modern mainline FF to go that I haven't yet played, Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition. I have no idea what to expect from it, other than that it's likely to be a wild card. No time frame for completing it as of now, but that's what I will be working on next.
That Leviathan fight on FF mode was brutal. Probably took me the better part of two hours to get the timing on the magic bursts right.

That Kairos Gate was awful on FF mode too the first few times I tried. The key was using Will O the Wykes to mitigate damage. Once I did that, I got it the first time.

I'm still trying to work my way through the FF13 platinum. This is going to be a massive undertaking.

Old 05-13-2024, 09:53 AM

3,594 posts, read 3,779,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
That Leviathan fight on FF mode was brutal. Probably took me the better part of two hours to get the timing on the magic bursts right.

That Kairos Gate was awful on FF mode too the first few times I tried. The key was using Will O the Wykes to mitigate damage. Once I did that, I got it the first time.
That's an excellent strategy. In TRT, you can add up to six eikons, where in the main game it was limited to three. I had no other reason to add the extra eikons during the rest of TRT, so I didn't add them for my Kairos Gate run, which was probably my problem in FF mode. It wasn't until I did the Kairos run on story mode where I realized how valuable Will-o'-the-Wykes was. By that time, I had added six eikons, which allowed me to use the extra space for Will-o'-the-Wykes, which I hadn't used at all in the main game; it's a "hidden, free" boon that bypasses the enhancement and boon restrictions that they use for the Kairos Gate trials. The Kairos trials were a good challenge due to the mix-and-match enhancements versus restrictions, which aren't present in the other Chronolith trials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I'm still trying to work my way through the FF13 platinum. This is going to be a massive undertaking.
Can confirm. Due to the treasure hunter trophy, I didn't want to sell anything for quick cash and make a mistake, and thereby couldn't come up with any other way to juice the numbers (increased gil, item drops) for the weapons upgrades, other than to grind endlessly. And for navigation, the map's compass doesn't use a position marker, so I had to pencil a custom map to keep the navigation straight when going for all the Cie'th stones. Very time consuming platinum run.

Old 05-14-2024, 10:30 AM

4,602 posts, read 5,506,287 times
Im still very actively playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2/3. Me and, per Statista, Gamecharts and Steamcharts, within the past 30 days an average of 8,232,734 other players have played as well. With a peak in one day of 2,222,838 players. So this continues to be one of the most played games in the world. I recently completed this season's Battle Pass.

There really hasnt been any new game releases that excites me (Im a PC player). Still just mostly COD and Elder Scrolls Online. ESO is a huge time sink being a MMORPG so it takes up most of my non-Call Of Duty gaming time.

Old 05-14-2024, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post
Can confirm. Due to the treasure hunter trophy, I didn't want to sell anything for quick cash and make a mistake, and thereby couldn't come up with any other way to juice the numbers (increased gil, item drops) for the weapons upgrades, other than to grind endlessly. And for navigation, the map's compass doesn't use a position marker, so I had to pencil a custom map to keep the navigation straight when going for all the Cie'th stones. Very time consuming platinum run.
I've gotten the characters to their primary three roles maxed on crystarium. This is going to be a huge slog to get them all mastered for that trophy. 80% of the hunts are done but the ones that are left are generally the really hard ones.

I spent about two hours this morning farming a king behemoth and megistotherian that fight at the north end of the steppe. You just run up to the save point, back, and they respawn. You'll need hundreds of kills to max the CP with the growth egg.

That's not even talking treasure hunter, rest of the hunts, etc.

This will be something a chip away at for a long time like the Granblue Fantasy Relink platinum.

Old 05-15-2024, 10:27 AM

4,602 posts, read 5,506,287 times
Do any of you play Grand Theft Auto V? Everytime I open up Twitch, this seems to be the most popular and widely played game. Well, at least its the most popular game that is streamed by Twitch users. Followed by League Of Legends, Valorant and Counter-Strike.

Old 05-20-2024, 03:57 PM

14,808 posts, read 14,799,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Do any of you play Grand Theft Auto V? Everytime I open up Twitch, this seems to be the most popular and widely played game. Well, at least its the most popular game that is streamed by Twitch users. Followed by League Of Legends, Valorant and Counter-Strike.
It’s the online mode that’s kept it so popular all these years. Wide variety of activities and not too hard to play compared to a lot of games now. On Twitch it’s popular due to the role-play servers on PC, for some reason.

Old 05-21-2024, 08:39 AM

17,691 posts, read 15,863,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
I played it for a few hours years ago, and got bored. I can't get into those games, and quite frankly, don't see the appeal.

Old 05-22-2024, 11:38 AM

29,577 posts, read 22,969,055 times
I have about 100 hours into Fallout 3, and not even halfway through the main mission. I found my dad about 60 hours ago and rest of the time I've been going to every location in the map and exploring. There is a cool perk you can choose which reveals every location on the map.

Old 05-22-2024, 07:30 PM

Almost to platinum on FFXV. Waiting on the "survival" skill to complete, which is basically steps counted. I used a cable tie to make the character run in circles. This will take hours.

Good game overall - no really strong feelings either way, but still a solid B effort, though it has a lot of flaws, and a reasonably easy platinum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games