Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2017, 11:51 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,377,272 times

Advertisements

the last game I played was Pokemon Stadium on the Nintendo 64.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2017, 12:25 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
Fallout: New Vegas

Oddly enough this is my first ever play through of the game. I stream it on Twitch whenever I play and people seem to enjoy watching it. I love the game, but the need for me to make my characters look completely ridiculous always makes the game more fun. Also, games need to ban me from naming characters.....
This might be the best fallout out there. Sure it aged a bit and offers mediocre at best shooting mechanics, but story wise ? It just rocks. Fallout 4 has multiple factions that have a cloned ending, while fun to play it is very lazy when it comes to the plot. Fallout Nev Vegas though... Some of the most memorable quests and companions are there.

As for what I've been playing - my first (well, first=ish, I attempted to play several before but never could get into any of them) MMO - Elder Scrolls Online. It's surprisingly fun and has a great business model - you get the game for 25$ or so but there are no mandatory monthly fees - so on one hand, it's not flooded with random children and on the other, it doesn't force you to spend your money on it. You can if you want, but you absolutely don't have to.
Apart from that, it is fully voiced, has a ton of "solo only" quests and so far I've been playing it as a regular crpg, not an MMO. This is not Witcher od Dragon Age quality, but there are very few "kill 20 boars" quests that I simply hated in "traditional" mmos.

Yac.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:19 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Hey Yac good to hear from ya buddy

I last played MSPACMAN and closed it in disgust!!! (I hate those stupid ghosts -- ESPECIALLY THAT RED ONE!!)

Old 01-02-2017, 04:22 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,189,891 times
DA: I is friggin' awesome!

This dragon was an **** to kill. Its only rival, so far, is the one in the Hinterlands. As you can see, I was clearly under leveled when I decided to fight it. This screen cap was on my third attempt. The first two were almost successful but got wiped due to the drakes coming to the rescue and the lack of fire resistance.

Old 01-02-2017, 04:24 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Hey Yac good to hear from ya buddy

I last played MSPACMAN and closed it in disgust!!! (I hate those stupid ghosts -- ESPECIALLY THAT RED ONE!!)
What console did that first come out on? Atari, Commodore 64?

Thank you

Old 01-02-2017, 09:18 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
This might be the best fallout out there. Sure it aged a bit and offers mediocre at best shooting mechanics, but story wise ? It just rocks. Fallout 4 has multiple factions that have a cloned ending, while fun to play it is very lazy when it comes to the plot. Fallout Nev Vegas though... Some of the most memorable quests and companions are there.

Yac.
This is what I've been hearing. I have a little over 30 hours in on it and still loving it. The thing I just recently learned is that Fallout New Vegas is mapped like the real world cities. As in, Goodspring is real, and somebody posted a picture on Reddit.. it shocked me how amazing this was.

Anyway, I'm playing the Honest Hearts DLC right now, then I'll go back to messing around in the Mojave. I do not even know which quest is the main story anymore, I've been completely lost in the quests and exploring.

"Best part of my road trip - visiting Goodsprings" - Reddit

Old 01-03-2017, 05:54 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30
What console did that first come out on? Atari, Commodore 64?

Thank you
Your welcome my friend..... I think it first came out on Atari 2600 .. Its OK on the 2600 but I much prefer the arcade version! (My favourite 80s game)

Anyway: I last played frogger

Old 01-04-2017, 03:30 PM

934 posts, read 1,441,193 times
I've been addicted to the original Wipeout racing game lately. Challenging as hell, but so much fun. I'm trying to beat the toughest tier to unlock the final course.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:32 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Your welcome my friend..... I think it first came out on Atari 2600 .. Its OK on the 2600 but I much prefer the arcade version! (My favourite 80s game)

Anyway: I last played *******
Sorry mate I just got this

Thanks for that... it was a bit before my time sort of...... my first ever game was super Mario on the first Nintendo about 88/89 I was 4.....

My mum and dad set it up so I could play it first thing in the morning when I woke up..... They were up all night playing it and couldn't put it down!!! LMAO

Old 01-05-2017, 09:52 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
DA: I is friggin' awesome!

This dragon was an **** to kill. Its only rival, so far, is the one in the Hinterlands. As you can see, I was clearly under leveled when I decided to fight it. This screen cap was on my third attempt. The first two were almost successful but got wiped due to the drakes coming to the rescue and the lack of fire resistance.
What game is this, please. Looks very good. I tried searching the Internet for it as "DA', like you said...only results I get is black guys rapping.

What console, too, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games