Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2017, 01:53 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,967,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Started to play Nier Automata Friday.

Now get this, there is NO save point until after you beat the first boss.

So I was over an hour into the game, then come across this hard as hell machine with two huge spinning blade arms. I quickly died and having no more repair items, the game took me back all the way to the beginning.

I said hell no and returned it (gamefly rental).

Was about to start Fallout 3 on PS Now when I realized Sniper Elite 3 was available. Been playing that for a few days and good game. Levels are huge and great for sneaking.

I love the Sniper Elite games....hadnt played the new one yet though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 02:14 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,189,136 times
I've been cycling between Divinity: Original Sin 2 and Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition on the PC.

For those who haven't tried Sleeping Dogs. It's basically GTA in Hong Kong. The soundtrack is pretty solid but limited compared to that of the GTA games.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:27 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,282,960 times
Quote:
Started to play Nier Automata Friday.

Now get this, there is NO save point until after you beat the first boss.

So I was over an hour into the game, then come across this hard as hell machine with two huge spinning blade arms. I quickly died and having no more repair items, the game took me back all the way to the beginning.

I said hell no and returned it (gamefly rental).

Was about to start Fallout 3 on PS Now when I realized Sniper Elite 3 was available. Been playing that for a few days and good game. Levels are huge and great for sneaking.
You could have lowered the difficulty to get past that boss. I tried it on hard and after 9 minutes, I still hadn't beat that boss. Lowered the difficulty to beat that boss and then raised the difficulty back to hard. There's several ways to skin that cat.

Old 10-03-2017, 09:07 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
I love the Sniper Elite games....hadnt played the new one yet though.
Sniper 4 was the best because it had really cool missions and took a while, and the DLC were cool too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
You could have lowered the difficulty to get past that boss. I tried it on hard and after 9 minutes, I still hadn't beat that boss. Lowered the difficulty to beat that boss and then raised the difficulty back to hard. There's several ways to skin that cat.
I guess I could have but the gameplay itself was meh, didn't like the side scrolling, weird angles, it wasn't my cup of tea anyways.

Now I'm doing a first, going back to playing a really long first person action RPG that I haven't played since 2008, Fallout 3. I usually don't but since I'm bored, hopefully the long time inbetween will make it exciting again.

Old 10-04-2017, 10:40 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times
Been playing FO3 for a few hours, and now I realize why I don't replay games like that where I invested a lot of time into it. I just don't feel that same magic as I did the first time.

We'll see if it gets better.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Been playing FO3 for a few hours, and now I realize why I don't replay games like that where I invested a lot of time into it. I just don't feel that same magic as I did the first time.

If you're playing on the PC, download mods to enhance the experience. You'll never go back to vanilla.

Old 10-05-2017, 11:40 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,537 times
Quote:

Some people like New Vegas better and I sort of lean that way myself. FO3 is still pretty fun though at least to me, because I never played through it before.
I wish they would do a remake of the original it's just way too dated to be enjoyable to me.

Old 10-05-2017, 11:48 AM

The more I play Sleeping Dogs, the more I hate it. The hand-to-hand combat sucks, the driving sucks, the driving camera angles are atrocious, the limited soundtrack is started to annoy me, and it's just not as fun as GTA or Saint's Row.

Old 10-05-2017, 11:57 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
The more I play Sleeping Dogs, the more I hate it. The hand-to-hand combat sucks, the driving sucks, the driving camera angles are atrocious, the limited soundtrack is started to annoy me, and it's just not as fun as GTA or Saint's Row.
I could never get into any game like GTA so I never ended up buying Sleeping Dogs or any of the Saint's Row games. No matter how cheap they are when they're on sale.

Old 10-05-2017, 03:37 PM

17,303 posts, read 12,239,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
Yeah I got that for free several years ago and didn't get very far before I just lost interest. Same with GTA V though. Saint's Row on the other hand is a series I love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games