Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2018, 12:44 PM

29,506 posts, read 22,616,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
You can hit them in whatever order you want. Not all of them are those annoying gong pieces of crap. Half of them are breakables. The last nornir chest in Alfheim should be avoided. It's super annoying. You have to do a couple 180's, some precision throws, and the gong to the right of the chest tapers off too quickly. It's not even a horn or apple. It's just not worth it.

If/when you muster up the courage for the Valkyrie fights, I highly recommend having the parry and projectile riposte mastered. It'll make those fights a little bit more simple. They're still pretty brutal, though. My suggestion on those is to be super aggressive and don't give them much room to breathe. Also, again, learn how to parry/riposte attacks.

You'll see Kratos resurrected near the end of the fight. I prefer the rez stone that gives a full Rage bar.

Here's my video of the fight with Kara.

The fight against Gunnr. Did it on the first try.
I finally came across a Valkyrie in a previously inaccessible area.

After a quick death I got out of chamber and never looked back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 01:44 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,933,045 times
Quote:
You can hit them in whatever order you want. Not all of them are those annoying gong pieces of crap. Half of them are breakables. The last nornir chest in Alfheim should be avoided. It's super annoying. You have to do a couple 180's, some precision throws, and the gong to the right of the chest tapers off too quickly. It's not even a horn or apple. It's just not worth it.

If/when you muster up the courage for the Valkyrie fights, I highly recommend having the parry and projectile riposte mastered. It'll make those fights a little bit more simple. They're still pretty brutal, though. My suggestion on those is to be super aggressive and don't give them much room to breathe. Also, again, learn how to parry/riposte attacks.

You'll see Kratos resurrected near the end of the fight. I prefer the rez stone that gives a full Rage bar.

Here's my video of the fight with Kara.

The fight against Gunnr. Did it on the first try.

'I took a break this week due to work obligations, but after seeing the chains of kaos I will be logging back in tonight!

I was nervous I was going to be stuck with the axe all game

Old 04-27-2018, 09:25 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,187,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I finally came across a Valkyrie in a previously inaccessible area.

After a quick death I got out of chamber and never looked back.
Just upgrade your weapon(s) and get an armor rating of at least 6, and make another attempt. The one in Alfheim is serious BS, though. The one at the top of the volcano in Muspelheim is sensitive to frost. You'll need to use the ax and equip top tier armor with real good defense ratings. You'll also need to equip fire resist enchantments. Chaos Blades won't work too well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rob View Post
'I took a break this week due to work obligations, but after seeing the chains of kaos I will be logging back in tonight!

I was nervous I was going to be stuck with the axe all game
Keep going in the main story and you'll eventually get Kratos' blades back!

Old 04-27-2018, 01:26 PM

17,297 posts, read 12,225,030 times
Playing the new BattleTech game that just released, was a backer so got it for just $25 rather than the $40 they are asking now.

Only a couple missions in so far but I'm liking it. Good mech turn based combat. Lots of customization options. Choose your own contracts. Negotiate for higher pay/salvage rights/rep for each contract. You start off running a company heavily in debt so have to mind your expenditures. Only real negative reviews I've seen so far are from people who just don't like turn based combat. But that's my jam. Real life can interrupt and it's no big deal.

Old 04-28-2018, 10:44 AM

Took down three more Valkyries in God of War. Just need 2 more until I can unlock the fight against their queen.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:24 AM

Just finished the game. I've done almost everything except for getting all of Odin's ravens, a couple other time consuming things, and I finally killed all 9 of the Valkyries. I guess it's now a waiting game for DLC since there really is no reason to play it once you've done just about everything.

Old 04-29-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Just finished the game. I've done almost everything except for getting all of Odin's ravens, a couple other time consuming things, and I finally killed all 9 of the Valkyries. I guess it's now a waiting game for DLC since there really is no reason to play it once you've done just about everything.
I pretty much 'finished' the game and since it was a rental I returned it without playing any of the Valkyries. I didn't purchase it because there wasn't any replay value in it for me.

I'm not certain, but I believe there's no DLC planned for this God of War as of now, but it could change.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/20-...ything-we-know

Old 04-29-2018, 03:56 PM

Yeah, I read that about an hour after posting. If that's the case, this game will become another deleted file from the hard drive. There is no incentive to play it once all of the semi-interesting side content and main game has been completed. I suspect this game is going to flood the used rack at GameStop within the next couple weeks.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I read that about an hour after posting. If that's the case, this game will become another deleted file from the hard drive. There is no incentive to play it once all of the semi-interesting side content and main game has been completed. I suspect this game is going to flood the used rack at GameStop within the next couple weeks.
It's just so strange to have a blockbuster game made these days without a DLC, but it does happen (GTA V). God of War was a great game, but I think there's potential for good DLC's as well. I don't know what goes into their business decisions, maybe they're already full at work on the next God of War already.

Old 04-30-2018, 08:28 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,933,045 times
I do think DLC is very possible, they already have the layout, all they need to is add is a few bosses, and missions. Wouldn't it be crazy if they did follow the GTA model and made it a true sandbox style game online?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games