Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 08:50 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,157,363 times

Advertisements

Quick question. I loved vice City. it was my first GTA, and it was fun. Lots of cool cop, taxi, and fire truck missions. Classic 80s music. Lots of humor in silly missions, funny stuff on the radio, and so on. Plenty of collectables around to earn cool permanent power ups. Played GTA 3. It was pretty good, and had everything I loved.

Missed San Andreas. Tried GTA IV, and it was awful. The only collectable were those pigeons which were sort of a secret. The cop missions were there, but you had to go through a several steps just to start one. In the end I never finished the game. Too many cops, very little humor, and all that crap with people harassing you all the time to go bowling or some stupid crap. The only good addition for me was the dating simulation and even that was lackluster. Basically, it was a big, empty world with no character. True music was pretty awful, The game itself while probably a fairly faithful recreation of what it is like to be an Eastern European illegal immigrant criminal was just plain boring for me.

Is GTA V a return to form, or is it still boring crap?

I'm hoping it is good. I found a spiritual successor in Saints Row 2, but 3 had a less compelling storyline, lacked a lot of the zany side missions, and four went even further in that direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 10:15 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,963,465 times
I am not much looking foward to V myself, IV just left me wanting more fun and less... bowling... SR scratched the GTA itch more than GTA did, and that's sad. For actual GTA, I think I will stick with the classic set that I just got off steam.. 3, Vice City, and San Andreas.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:44 AM

2,314 posts, read 1,841,993 times
I am currently ADDICTED to GTA V, but I'm on Xbox One. I have only done a few missions on the "campaign" side of this game (single player), you get to control one of three guys at any given time. They all have their own separate missions. Honestly, single player is alright for me as of right now, but if I could even begin to explain about multiplayer, that's where you'll find my happy point.

Multiplayer, especially on Xbox One, is outstanding and REALLY fun. You get to do missions with other people, you can race, and all sorts of other things. Also, first person view is absolutely awesome I must say. In multiplayer you earn cash with missions and all the normal GTA things, and you also earn RP, which when you get enough RP, you level up. Leveling up unlocks new things, such as car mods or guns. You can save up for a house or garage to put your BOUGHT vehicles in, unbought / stolen vehicles are not allowed unless they're a special kind of vehicle. I lucked out and brought home a armor suv, I love it! Plus, in Winter time, GTA V Online has snow.

I just cannot sit here in one sitting and explain how amazing GTA V online is, honestly. The only part is joining an OPEN online session. People will come and kill you, unless you set yourself on passive. I have found that making my own invite only or friends only lobby online is the best thing to do. You can customize your character pretty well, and you can just go around with your friends and have a blast.. Do missions together, while talking in game to each other. I Believe Heists is going to be the ultimate experience. You'll get to rob banks and stuff like that with your friends or random strangers. I've had REALLY positive experiences online..

I'm guessing the PC version is going to have hackers online. Which would really suck because that takes away from a lot of the fun the game is intended to give you.

Old 01-01-2015, 09:15 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,594,119 times
I have the PS4 version... and it is just gorgeous and a blast to play.

Best GTA ever.

Old 01-01-2015, 11:11 AM

4,000 posts, read 10,822,174 times
I played through it on PS3 and loved the single player.... bought it for PS4 to run through it again and will try multi out there as well. Definitely a really fun game! I was not a fan of GTA4 either, just didn't do it for me.

Old 01-01-2015, 01:48 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,892,434 times
It has a lot of San Andrea references as well as GTA IV, but the game has a lot more "Dark" humor to it and the tone isn't as serious. The in game map is also huge.

And no more bowling.

Old 01-01-2015, 02:18 PM

2,314 posts, read 1,841,993 times
Yes, no bowling, but darts are still there. Everything is multiplayer, really fun. To take back a comment from before, I just had a blast playing with a lot of people online. I'm normally shy, but this game has turned that around. I caught up with a lot of people and they were all friendly after I said "Don't worry, I'm friendly" hahaha. I got to board a huge plane with them, which they accidentally crashed in some building (which was hilarious!) and then we went and found a bunch of helicopters and had some fun.. Here are two clips I have, one is about why cliffs are not your friend and do not provide the fastest way down...

Old 01-04-2015, 08:29 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,761,037 times
I got bored of GTA 5 really fast... I hated the playable characters because they were all irredeemable douchebags and Los Santos itself just wore on me and I got sick of "being there" (kinda like the real LA)

Old 01-06-2015, 09:59 AM

4,739 posts, read 4,425,591 times
I would like GTA V

if I could play it without my kids around

Old 01-07-2015, 08:35 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,903,116 times
the single best side mission is when you're mike and you smoke some sort of laced pot and you begint o shoot the aliens. that's really so fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games