Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 12:10 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,822 times

Advertisements

I've been playing on very hard recently and it's been very hard until I've found a special 10mm that has an increased chance to hit in vats and reduced ap cost, totaling up to 16 attacks...and it's not that the AP run out - i still have roughly a half of AP left, it seems to be the max number of attacks per round. Later on if you follow the Railroad quest line you can find the Deliverer, also a 10mm pistol but it looks vastly different, has the same special statistics and almost twice the damage. The Deliverer and Kellogs .44 are still my go to weapons, on very hard and at lvl 45.

Old 12-07-2015, 02:14 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
You don't need demo perk you can scrap it thru the work station!
I realized that when I got home and played that night. It scraped as cement, but she kept saying I needed to blow it up. Wasted a perfectly good perk point on demolition. I hardly ever use grenades or bottlecap mines.

I did realize that I spent A LOT of time doing quest for the BoS, so when I finally got back on the main story line to get Kellogg's key, I hit my first deathclaw at level 31, with the Overseer's Guardian and the Spray and Pray. Wasn't hard to take down at all. I will be stripping my Overseer's Guardian back to semi automatic as the recoil is just terrible for fully automatic. I'll let my spray and prey handle full automatic duties.

Bought some nice BoS chest armor and helmet on my lunch break today. Wanted the VATS and AP perks across the board on weapons. Going to build that up, so I can get rid of the tacky polished armor that I was wearing. Polished armor could take some damage, but it was rather heavy and looked tacky. I had plenty of caps so decided to buy it and the helmet. The helmet I bought so I could still wear my patrolman glasses. With wearing the helmet I received during the search for Kellogg quest, I could no longer wear my glasses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 05:34 AM
Yac

Old 12-08-2015, 07:46 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
That's soooo funny! And my poor husband! He's like you must really, really like this game! Luckily he is on call this month and busy with work stuff so I can play till my hearts content!

Read an article the another day and the writer was playing melee only and said it was a completely different game. Makes me want to try it some day!

Old 12-08-2015, 08:22 PM

1,808 posts, read 3,189,800 times
11 Brilliant Fallout 4 settlements

Old 12-09-2015, 12:14 AM
Yac

Wow, that Greygarden settlement that uses the estacade... that's something I have to try Good thing I've been collecting building materials for a while (with over 5k wood and steel!), finally I have a plan to use them!
And sure I could just use console commands or mods to get whatever materials I want, but where's the fun in that ? Hauling all that rebar and whatnot on my back and then using it to build - that's satisfaction! And I know from experience that the moment I start cheating, I lose interest in a game very quickly.
I tried playing as a melee character, in fact I finished the main quest for the Brotherhood as a super sledge hammer wielding, power armor clad titan of destruction (:P) and I have to say: it was effective, very effective even - I managed to beat a deathclaw to death with a baseball bat so there's that, but to me.. it wasn't as satisfying. Fallout 4 is more a shooter than an rpg, I'm a fan of both genres and playing melee... takes away the fun shooting part. But, it is perfectly possible that on the console, not using the mouse + keyboard combo, it could be just as fun.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:22 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,138 times
Thanks Brill! That was awesome!!! Some very creative people out there. Thanks for sharing.

Old 12-10-2015, 04:02 AM
Yac

Ok, I'm done with the Castle, time to think of a new settlement to expand Here's my Castle, built entirely without mods, somehow I can't get them to work.. (all mods except for those that add new building options work fine). I only used one trick - settlements can't be too big, their size meter fills up very quickly and usually before you can build half of what you want, you can't build anymore. The trick is to scrap weapons Sounds silly and it is- it's a bug. Simply enter the settlement construction area, throw away some weapons to the ground, enter construction mode and scrap them from there - each one will count as a scrapped building and will decrease this size meter slightly. And the scrap you get from them gets transferred to the workbench.
Anyway, here are some final shots of my castle, it might not be the most complex of the castles out there, but it is functional. I can't really show you the inside of "my house" as I've installed a mod that replaces all those dull original paintings with either classic masterpieces or.. pinup girls So even though they are very stylish, as a senior mod I can't post boobs here.

The main (and only) gate, yet to be seriously threatened by any attack

Here's the courtyard, with all the shops, a crafting area and my house in the background. I fixed all the walls too.

A different angle shot that shows more details and a lovely garden/gazebo area in the back

Old 12-10-2015, 11:24 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times
I'm so lame. I haven't crafted anything. I still store everything at red rocket inn. I have 4 turrets setup and a make shift bed to resupply HP. I'm more into shooting and questing than sitting and building something. I do enjoy that this game has a little bit of everything to appease a lot of different gamers. That's what makes games like this so popular.

Old 12-10-2015, 04:26 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
Damn, Yac! Very impressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games