Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 10:18 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,627,265 times

Advertisements

Well I'll be standing outside tomorrow night with hundreds of others eagerly awaiting the US release of the PS3 . Anyone else buying one?

And they're actually not for me, I'm not a gamer. I'm aiming to buy two for Christmas presents, I love the rush .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2006, 10:20 PM

622 posts, read 2,702,248 times
I havent kept up with gaming in awhile... will there be a new Final Fantasy out on PS3? I have to play every one... but I'm so behind!

Old 11-15-2006, 11:01 PM

278 posts, read 800,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Well I'll be standing outside tomorrow night with hundreds of others eagerly awaiting the US release of the PS3 . Anyone else buying one?

And they're actually not for me, I'm not a gamer. I'm aiming to buy two for Christmas presents, I love the rush .
I've been watching the news and people have been camping out (since monday!) in tents outside of electronics stores! Good luck getting one, I think it's gonna be difficult. I am going to try to get a Nintendo Wii, coming out on Sunday. But I'm not going to wait on line all night or camp out, I don't have that much patience! Have fun!

Old 11-16-2006, 12:15 AM

4,781 posts, read 2,078,859 times
No, but my kid's wish I were. But even they understand $500.00 or $ 600.00 Bucks is alot of money! Did you see what the reciepts are going for on e-bay?
I checked a couple days ago and they were selling in the $1200 range. Would of liked to of been apart of that profit.
Your going to make someone very happy speedyaz.

Old 11-16-2006, 02:16 AM

892 posts, read 2,366,151 times
hell, I only have ps1. I never had time to play it so when ps2 and xbox, etc... came out I gave up. I can't wait for my son to get older and want to play them so I have an excuse to buy a new one. Now that I am a stay at home I finaly have time to play them but don't want to spend the money. Plus I love my Disney's Magical Racing Tour for ps1 hey, I keep up on all the rest of the gagets. except I don't own a palm pilot, don't see the point.

Old 11-16-2006, 06:44 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,606,954 times
Well, maybe I'm just not a with-it kind of person, but, frankly, I won't wait in line for anything, for more than a few minutes, not even my favorite music artists' concerts. Unless it's a necessity such as the doctor's office, (not that I go often), or shopping during the Christmas season. Actually, I take that back. I did wait, once, for quite a while, with my daughter. She and I had taken a trip to NYC, and we rode on one of those ferries out to see the Lady. However, I did not get off the ferry, once we got there, because I would not stand in line just to walk around inside, etc.

I did go out on Tuesday, (the release date), to pick up a copy of the DaVinci Code, but I didn't have to wait for it!

Old 11-16-2006, 09:36 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,573,050 times
People have been camped out at the local Best Buy for at least three days now (today is now thursday). They actually have tent's set up in a line starting at the front door. It's a pretty funny sight, but hey, what ever turns you on. On a side note my wife and I camped out nearly 30 years ago. The only difference was that we were waiting on line for two days to apply for a low interest mortgage. We got it and saved about 2% of the current rate back then. That was big for people in their twenties just starting out. Another plus was we became friends with the people behind us on line and were best friends to this day.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:40 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,573,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNN View Post
No, but my kid's wish I were. But even they understand $500.00 or $ 600.00 Bucks is alot of money! Did you see what the reciepts are going for on e-bay?
I checked a couple days ago and they were selling in the $1200 range. Would of liked to of been apart of that profit.
Your going to make someone very happy speedyaz.
The best one I saw on EBAY was a couple of years ago where some guy was selling Playstation 2. He had it listed for what I believe it was ten thousand dollars. The sale price included him and his girlfriend flying to your town and dressing up like santa and his helper to deliver the game. I wonder if he ever got a taker?

Old 11-16-2006, 09:53 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,313,731 times
Hopefully not my husband!!!!! I'm sure he'll win in the end and get it....I've never been able to win over PS, PS2 (He's married to Madden's NFL and Socom Navy Seals 1-4...he just bought Socom 4 last week, he's been missing in the jungles of the congo since, we can't find him...) and he had a brief fling with Xbox. As my aunt says, "the only difference between men and boys is the price and size of their toys".....I guess I shouldn't complain if it's the worst thing he does......but I hate it!!!!!

Old 11-16-2006, 10:08 AM

169 posts, read 676,632 times
I'd love to buy one but I'll be waiting at least a year for them to drop in price. That's what we do every time a new system comes out. Everyone in my house is an avid gamer and there are sooo many great looking games coming out for the ps3. I'd never stand in line and pay full release price for anything though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games