Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 05:42 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,494,808 times

Advertisements

Yea it seems all the leaked news was pretty accurate. I would get one. I just have a few concerns.

How much? Its a tablet at its core so I have tablet expectations of the device. I dont expect it to cost more then the latest iPad, Galaxy Tab or Surface.

Storage Space. Most high end tablets may hold what 64-128 GB? How much space will be available on the tablet? Will there be ways to expand storage?

User Accounts. I have a gaming household. My wife, sister and sister in law all have accounts on the Playstation 3 (PSN Accounts). Would everyone need their own tablet per account? Can you put multiple accounts on one tablet? Will the Switch tablets be sold separately for households with multiple players?

Those are my main concerns as of now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2016, 08:34 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,873,457 times
I'll be getting the Switch myself. I have owned every Nintendo system ever (Except VB), so why stop now? I just love their games (Mario and Zelda, etc.) and can't live without them. In any case, I expect the Switch to do better than the Wii U.

Old 10-22-2016, 09:05 PM

29,458 posts, read 22,432,285 times
Investors didn't seem as excited as the general public (over 15 million Youtube views in 2 days on the Switch trailer).

I would only buy it at the right price.

I'd buy it for the Zelda game alone. But is that enough reason to buy it, and maybe possibly a few other Nintendo exclusives? I don't know. I'm perfectly happy with my PS4 so far.

I don't really care about the portability. That thing looks huge to be carrying around, and it reminds me of the Atari Lynx. I can't remember the last time I saw anyone in public playing a hand held gaming device like the DS. Interesting that the trailer seems to be marketing it to young adults in the 20's age range (as one website mentioned, no kids in the trailer at all).

Not particularly a revolutionary system in my eyes, but hopefully it'll be enticing enough for Nintendo to overcome the bad taste the Wii U left in many people's mouths.

Old 10-22-2016, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Investors didn't seem as excited as the general public (over 15 million Youtube views in 2 days on the Switch trailer).

I would only buy it at the right price.

I'd buy it for the Zelda game alone. But is that enough reason to buy it, and maybe possibly a few other Nintendo exclusives? I don't know. I'm perfectly happy with my PS4 so far.

I don't really care about the portability. That thing looks huge to be carrying around, and it reminds me of the Atari Lynx. I can't remember the last time I saw anyone in public playing a hand held gaming device like the DS. Interesting that the trailer seems to be marketing it to young adults in the 20's age range (as one website mentioned, no kids in the trailer at all).

Not particularly a revolutionary system in my eyes, but hopefully it'll be enticing enough for Nintendo to overcome the bad taste the Wii U left in many people's mouths.
I'm not into portable gaming either, so my Switch would be sitting in the dock 99% of the time, probably. However, I don't know where the hell I'm going to put that thing in my entertainment/TV stand. It has to have plenty of room above so that you can lift up the system out of the dock, so I can't put it on an interior shelf on my TV stand. And I don't want to put it on the same surface as my TV is on, because it would block the TV. So I guess I will have to put the thing on the floor, which sucks. Or hopefully, they will design it such that it can be laid flat instead of upright.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:26 PM

Word on the streets is its a 6.2 in screen and multi touch. Nintendo will make an official announcement on Jan 13th.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Im curious how many user accounts are allowed to be used per Switch tablet. There is news that the Switch will not be sold with just the tablet and a charger, but all units will come with the docking station. This would be a shame not to have the tablet available on its own.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:01 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgj55bTwB3w

http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/13/14...analysis-wii-u

Finally more info unveiled.

Price tag is 299 dollars, a bit steep in my opinion. Questions about capability of hardware processor wise unanswered.

Another link said that the Zelda game will be released in March, which is a very big thing.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:37 AM

Not so positive article

Reaction: This Was Pretty Much the Switch's Worst Case Scenario | USgamer

The price seems to be the sticking point.

Old 01-13-2017, 10:42 AM

Nintendo has redeemed themselves with the revelation of Super Mario Odyssey. EVERYONE who saw it was super excited and impressed. It's exactly the Mario game we need. Finally, a HUGE open world with real world locations like New York and the Amazon Rainforest, etc. I expect it to be a contender for Game of the Year, along with Zelda. I will be pre-ordering the system ASAP.

2017 is easily Nintendo's year!

Old 01-13-2017, 11:18 AM

978 posts, read 1,084,520 times
im not sure why there just releasing a tablet, they should also release a console
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games