Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the Dorky Kid Buy a PS3 or an XBox 360 (and why)?
PS3 67 59.29%
XBox 360 46 40.71%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 11:28 PM

371 posts, read 1,756,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
Any company that can simultaneously murder every piece of hardware of a single generation certainly cannot complain about having their problems blown out of control. *cough* Zune 30 *cough, cough*

All three systems have their issues.
Yes they do

Referring to they guy you were replying to, Kuhari....

I find Sonys problems to be WAYYY more controlled than MS. MS has massive system massacres, while Sonys main problem is update issues, which they are fairly quick in correcting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 11:38 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,348,018 times
Many people apparently took advantage of the PS3 $150 credit deal, when you sign up for a SonyStyle credit card. I saw it today, but now the link is gone. So they may or may not have continued the offer (which originally went to end of 2008). I was almost thinking of getting it on this offer since it's still the better Blu-Ray player and plays games.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:42 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,099,601 times
After that big gaming conference they had where they put all three systems head-to-head, the PS3 came out as the clear winner in versatility and performance. I think the 360 may have more exclusive titles, but that will come down to what you really want in a system.

Sony reps also said they wanted the PS3 to be a system you could use for internet, pictures, music, video, Blu-ray (put in a really good player), and gaming for 10 years (like they wanted the PS2 to last you 10 years - and it has). I liked the fact that they had a plan for this system and plan to support it and come out with new titles all the time.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:41 AM

142 posts, read 271,900 times
thanks for the information.
I got another question is civilization any good on the ps3 becouse I have played in on pc and I love it but havent tried the ps3 version yet?

Old 01-06-2009, 06:51 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,127,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameHog9 View Post
Yes they do

Referring to they guy you were replying to, Kuhari....

I find Sonys problems to be WAYYY more controlled than MS. MS has massive system massacres, while Sonys main problem is update issues, which they are fairly quick in correcting
*cough* Kuharai *cough, cough*

While the 360 has the massive failures, Sony's update firmware causes pretty much the same thing. If Lang and I hadn't thought of completely reformatting it (4 hour process!), it would have had to be repaired by Sony Techs. Then again, right now I can't even use my PS3 because I've loaned it to my father-in-law since his is broken and has to be sent in. I believe this is his third time sending it in.

Which brings me to another point, there is a light at the end of massive failure rate. For the cost of the basic warranty, Microsoft is giving out five year warranties. So for the next five years, I can send the 360 in for free. After April, I'll have to start paying something like $145 to Sony for any repair. At least that is what my father-in-law had to pay. His won't read anything anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Sony reps also said they wanted the PS3 to be a system you could use for internet, pictures, music, video, Blu-ray (put in a really good player), and gaming for 10 years (like they wanted the PS2 to last you 10 years - and it has). I liked the fact that they had a plan for this system and plan to support it and come out with new titles all the time.
That is Sony for you. They've got an excellent product filled with all kinds of nifty features. The main bonus is the fact that it's a really great priced Blu-ray player. For that kind of quality elsewhere, you'll be paying a pretty penny. All three systems have their benefits and problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDIEISTAZ View Post
I got another question is civilization any good on the ps3 becouse I have played in on pc and I love it but havent tried the ps3 version yet?
Most games, and I do stress most, are better ergonomically on a console than the keyboard. You also do not deal with upgrading issues. While you may have your shortcuts and the likes, I've only experienced one or two games that were better on the PC than their console counterparts. And I would attribute it partly to using a 360-style controller vice the keyboard.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:48 PM

9 posts, read 18,091 times
get a ps3 i love mine. my opinion i hate xbox, and 360. they r junk there have been problems with the xbox/xbox360. i think bill gates should of left his nose out of video games. plus they freaking charge u 2 play online.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDIEISTAZ View Post

Ah... you probably wont like the console versions. They are basically watered down versions.

Graphics are cute and gameplay is fun though (hint hint *rent*)

Old 01-26-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
*cough* Kuharai *cough, cough*

While the 360 has the massive failures, Sony's update firmware causes pretty much the same thing. If Lang and I hadn't thought of completely reformatting it (4 hour process!), it would have had to be repaired by Sony Techs. Then again, right now I can't even use my PS3 because I've loaned it to my father-in-law since his is broken and has to be sent in. I believe this is his third time sending it in.

Which brings me to another point, there is a light at the end of massive failure rate. For the cost of the basic warranty, Microsoft is giving out five year warranties. So for the next five years, I can send the 360 in for free. After April, I'll have to start paying something like $145 to Sony for any repair. At least that is what my father-in-law had to pay. His won't read anything anymore.

That is Sony for you. They've got an excellent product filled with all kinds of nifty features. The main bonus is the fact that it's a really great priced Blu-ray player. For that kind of quality elsewhere, you'll be paying a pretty penny. All three systems have their benefits and problems.

Most games, and I do stress most, are better ergonomically on a console than the keyboard. You also do not deal with upgrading issues. While you may have your shortcuts and the likes, I've only experienced one or two games that were better on the PC than their console counterparts. And I would attribute it partly to using a 360-style controller vice the keyboard.
Wow, your PS3 seems to hate you 0.o Maybe you should scrap it and get another altogether. 3rd time is unheard of for PS3s.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:07 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,711,585 times
Just wanted to say I've had my PS3 for a month and I LOVE it. I haven't had time to log in crazy hours, but it is well used between Bluray and gaming. I used the net, but setup my PC finally and use it instead.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:30 PM

^ KILLZONE 2 GOT A 9.4 ! ! !

Can Feb get here any faster?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games