Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 02:44 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,743,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
The game is vastly different now, anyway. It's become a game for attention seeking teenagers who spam the channels and want to go cyber with their e-boyfriend elf in the tram.
That's just alliance side. Rarely do I see cyber-seekers on Horde side.

Quote:
That, and the horde got pallies, the alliance got shamans, and they're all about to get deathknights. Talk about ruining the lore
Er...ruining the lore? It's a video game, who cares? This is like someone arguing that certain things in the game aren't "realistic". Huh? It's a game!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 03:15 PM

1,368 posts, read 6,496,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post

Er...ruining the lore? It's a video game, who cares? This is like someone arguing that certain things in the game aren't "realistic". Huh? It's a game!!
hehehehe

But its a game of the imagination!

*chortle snort snort chuckle giggle*

Old 02-08-2008, 03:16 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,463,432 times
I played UO (Ultima Online) and Shadowbane for a couple years when I was single, then I realized that might be the reason I was single and quit...lol.

If I were you, in order to get your friend to stop you gotta be hard on him.
Sorry to say this but, make fun of him until he quits.
1) Call him, email him have others that know him give him a hard time.
2) Call him a loser, dork and borderline-sociopath.
3) If you see him look at his face and hands then say" dang dude you have been playing too much WoW"

if that doesn't work then....
4) Have girls make fun of him.

He will stop.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:17 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,722,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post

Ah so I see you weren't one of the WC followers. You wouldn't get it ...and I don't mean that in a malicious way.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:19 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,722,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I played UO (Ultima Online) and Shadowbane for a couple years when I was single, then I realized that might be the reason I was single and quit...lol.

If I were you, in order to get your friend to stop you gotta be hard on him.
Sorry to say this but, make fun of him until he quits.
1) Call him, email him have others that know him give him a hard time.
2) Call him a loser, dork and borderline-sociopath.
3) If you see him look at his face and hands then say" dang dude you have been playing too much WoW"

if that doesn't work then....
4) Have girls make fun of him.

He will stop.
So what if the girl plays WoW?

Old 02-08-2008, 03:30 PM

2,355 posts, read 2,179,686 times
I agree...I am female and play WOW. My husband, prior to meeting me, had an ugly marriage, divorce, and post-everything else so he decided not to date for a year and played WOW with his buddy. When he met me, he was capable of halting the WOW fun so it's possible. But now I have started playing and we sit and play together. It's fun! Our characters are partners and we have an awesome time!

Old 02-08-2008, 04:51 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,401,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
The game is vastly different now, anyway. It's become a game for attention seeking teenagers who spam the channels and want to go cyber with their e-boyfriend elf in the tram.

That, and the horde got pallies, the alliance got shamans, and they're all about to get deathknights. Talk about ruining the lore
I left the game right after the guild completed Kara, and was heading into grull.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:26 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,806,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek View Post
Wrong! He will not run out of money.

because he will sell a character.

70 paladin and 70 mage WoW characters - eBay (item 160204480223 end time Feb-10-08 12:27:28 PST) (broken link)

Like that person.

70 Druid + 2 Warlocks - eBay (item 300194549296 end time Jan-30-08 22:13:12 PST) (broken link)

Or that one. Who made $400 off 3 characters.

Erm. I can't look at those at work..Websense...sucks.

However...if he can get food, shelter, and pay for the game....with 400 dollars...while investing the time to get a character up to a level/equipped where he could make 400 more dollars. Ermm...ok.

I've lived in some really cheap places. My rent was 400 dollars a month. I don't see it happening. But, I dunno. Is it possible to make a living in the USA...leveling/equipping WoW characters? And would that even be fun?

That was 3 characters = 400 bucks right? I hate to say it...but I don't think I'm wrong.

Maybe it's insanely easy to make 3 characters that sell for $400 bucks. You tell me. I played WoW once. I thought it sucked. But that is just me. Little kids running up and saying "Du31 m3 l0$3r!" Yeah, that's hella fun.

Here. I will tell you how to get him to stop playing. Just ask him "How can you kill that...which has no life?"

Old 02-09-2008, 03:35 PM

1,368 posts, read 6,496,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Erm. I can't look at those at work..Websense...sucks.

However...if he can get food, shelter, and pay for the game....with 400 dollars...while investing the time to get a character up to a level/equipped where he could make 400 more dollars. Ermm...ok.

I've lived in some really cheap places. My rent was 400 dollars a month. I don't see it happening. But, I dunno. Is it possible to make a living in the USA...leveling/equipping WoW characters? And would that even be fun?

That was 3 characters = 400 bucks right? I hate to say it...but I don't think I'm wrong.

Maybe it's insanely easy to make 3 characters that sell for $400 bucks. You tell me. I played WoW once. I thought it sucked. But that is just me. Little kids running up and saying "Du31 m3 l0$3r!" Yeah, that's hella fun.

Here. I will tell you how to get him to stop playing. Just ask him "How can you kill that...which has no life?"
It wont do anything useful.

I think a dedicated player, a good player, could get chars up to level 60 or 70, and sell them for decent amounts in under 2 weeks. Those are just the ones I've found on ebay, and I've heard of people selling individual characters for $600+. So, I think its possible. I wouldn't be much of a living, but its possible.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:28 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,940,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyhossenlopp View Post
You can sell your WOW character...that's different.

People actually make a living by farming gold all day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games