Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 08:26 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
Played the Beta, and now have purchased the full game (PS4).

Thoughts:

On a very basic level I'm playing the game and enjoying it.

However on a more critical level, I don't know what to think. Meaning, I don't think it's a bad game, but rather it's perhaps too early to tell how it will all pan out?

I'm level 10 and taking it slow.

The graphics are amazing. But more so the art direction and sense of place.

The story/dialog is...ok so far. There are some cool moments and semi-thought provoking things, but for the entirety it's too early to tell.

Gameplay is solid/Controls are pretty solid. Not as tight as Destiny, but good. Reminds me a bit if Watchdogs and Gears of War had a baby.

Customization of the character is cool.

Missions and "quests" are cool but repetitive, quests more so than missions.

Enemy AI isn't terrible.

I haven't grouped with other players yet, which is the main point of the game, I know. However I did "group/partner" with a guy in the DZ.

Which brings me to the DZ. The DZ is a free-for all PvP/PvE zone and is probably the best part of the game....It's also the worst. There are some really tense moments, but a group of PvPers can attack you and take your stuff if you aren't careful. You don't know who to trust, and can easily backstab people. Which is stress inducing.

----

My only real complaints have to do with some repetition and with the lack of other Division agents in the general world. I think it is better than Destiny in terms of most things. I would have liked to have seen "public events" but I'm guessing that may come later, OR that's just what the DZ is for.

So far, I'd give it a 7-8 out of 10, and that's with me just being at level 10. This score could change for the better or worse as I level up.
I pretty much agree with everything you've said. Hopefully there will be more variety of missions & such with updates. I don't think PvP will ever be a big thing with this game (and being cover-based shooter, that would be pointless anyway). I do like the risk & thrill of the Dead Zone...so far most are working together to get & send off loot, but that will probably change, especially in the level 30 zone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 02:19 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
This is cool, can be played solo. Might give it a shot

The Division 2 Can Be Played Totally Solo, Says Director

Old 03-18-2019, 09:17 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times
I tried the beta. It was pretty decent.

Old 03-18-2019, 12:41 PM

1,808 posts, read 3,189,800 times
This is the first time I jumped into a game on release day in a long time. Level 6 so far and enjoying it. If you are thinking about getting it, hold off until this bug is fixed. Skills(like turrets) keep despawning and going on cooldown. It's pretty game breaking imo. When playing solo, can't use turret to cover my flank, can't use hive to heal. I'm putting the game down until they fix it.

Old 03-18-2019, 02:22 PM

I'm playing on the PS4.

Having a blast so far, though at first it was frustrating as it seemed so hard. But now at level 4 and really enjoying the third person shooter game with set/side missions.

I did notice some weird inconsistencies with my turret and drone skills, but not game breaking for me at this point. Those two skills have really helped in some of the hard missions.

Old 03-18-2019, 03:01 PM

The disappearing skills was intermittent for me over the weekend, then today was happening 95% of the time. How often it happens varies from player to player.

Old 05-04-2019, 12:57 PM

Division 2 has been fun. I've soloed all the way up to world tier 5. The map stuff has been fun(control points, enemy convoy, etc) and keeps occupied even when I don't have any missions to do. Enemy spawns can be frustrating because a group will spawn behind you and next thing you know you are surrounded.

Balance is still being worked and and balancing patch is supposed to hit some time in May. A raid is yet to be released(got delayed due to the focus on balancing. The only thing I really don't like about the game is it goes overboard in RNG. All stats on gear is RNG. Which strongholds are available each week is RNG. Rewards for projects are RNG. You get a ton of loot in this game and I throw out 90-95% of it. I'd prefer a more quality over quantity type of system. Trying to get things that are time gated and rely on RNG is frustrating.

Old 05-04-2019, 02:30 PM

I haven't played in a while since I'm leveled up and at world tier 5.

I'll be on the lookout for any DLC content coming up in the coming months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games