Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 12:54 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,757,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
I didn't understand why this game received as much attention as it did. If people got hype over footage, that's on them. Not much was shown. The description of the game didn't impress me either. Anyone who paid for this knew exactly what they were getting. The game is as uninspiring as the developers implied.

Ultimately, No Man Sky had a overall good idea. The developers didn't expand on their idea to make it interesting to play.

I get to explore the galaxy. Is there a war going on with other planets? Am I destroying their outpost? Am I saving people from a disease? What's the goal?

That's not the case. They made mention of several things during the build up that aren't in the game...at all. So no, plenty of people feel like they were cheated and ripped off and rightfully so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 07:32 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,187,818 times
Way cooler than NMS

Old 07-02-2017, 03:04 PM

549 posts, read 625,291 times
There's something weird going on. A "alternate reality game" complete with cryptic emails, voicemails, hidden code on fictitious websites, cassette tapes, maps of radio stations from around the world, and a bunch of other stuff.

Some are saying this "Waking Titan" thing is tied to No Man's Sky and is building up to some new content.

https://wiki.gamedetectives.net/inde...e=Waking_Titan

Lots of stuff on Youtube as well.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:46 AM

804 posts, read 544,492 times
There was this game called a 3d explorer. That is No man sky is. A 3d explorer ( rabbit hole ) where a lot meh could happen. Looks like a fancy point and click game. I would prefer Star-Fox game with a dash of Zelda. Oh wait Metroid already did this back then along with a who slew of games.

Monster Hunter and FFXII did this on the PS2.

Kirby Dreamland 3 to GTA series.

Run around space and slove riddles?..............Sounds like this game called Dragon something back on the DOS platform.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:30 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,796,582 times
I can't believe that crap is still 60 bucks on Steam lol. I'll buy it when it's 5 bucks just because I like the artwork and art style.

No Man's Sham.

Old 07-19-2020, 02:40 PM

52 posts, read 37,060 times
Prefer Elite Dangerous Horizons. And with spacelegs coming out first quarter 2021, immersion seems better.
EVE was like excel spreadsheet in space. Liked Homeworld better. Now on Sands of Kharak.
And Subnautica. Cheers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games