Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 09:17 PM

30,143 posts, read 23,530,498 times

Advertisements

This is going to be a total fail. First off, they made the female characters absolutely hideous and nothing like their models, while the guys look almost just like them. I'm not squawking any SJW garbage, I simply cannot understand how anyone thought they looked even remotely decent.

https://twitter.com/Terak404/status/831125323211214848

Looks nothing like the girl who modeled for them. It's 2017, how do you fail this hard?

I don't care if the female characters look "too good", I've never complained about that. I've been playing video games since I was a young child, I'm used to it, and reality is, it's usually guys playing those female characters.

Then you have the lack of facial gestures, the weird walking, and a whole sundry of issues with just the cosmetics of the game. It's actually insulting to gamers.

Second, some past tweets from one of the developers were found and the guy is insanely racist.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5022221/uploads...9gsrqxn7n0.jpg

Copy here:

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Well. Then they can go pound sand. I will not waste my money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2017, 03:31 AM

17,111 posts, read 11,961,353 times
Cosmetics don't bother me as long as it delivers a great story and exploration experience like the original trilogy.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:09 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,720,080 times
The consensus so far definitely agrees on there being terrible animations with characters that don't show any emotion (side by side comparisons show Mass Effect 1 actually looking better), weird walking, etc., along with some corny dialogue in the opening scenes. However, I'm still going to wait until the reviews come out before writing it off. If the story and gameplay are amazing, That other stuff won't bother me as much.

Old 03-20-2017, 02:36 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,695,587 times
At this point, Andromeda seems really bad. I still assume that after getting through these silly animations, potato faces (what is this, Oblivion ?? Srsly), emotionless deliveries etc.. that if you get beyond that, there is a cool massive world to explore and some fun to be had, but at this point this seems more like something you'd fish out of a bargain bin at a supermarket for a couple of bucks than in an AAA title, a continuation of one of the best (although flawed, but that's another topic) cRPG trilogies ever, developed for years by hundreds of people working on it that costed tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars spent. I agree it's insulting, especially after the Witcher 3 raised the bar so high and everybody was expecting this game to be a contender for the best crpg title.. well, we'll see but I'd risk saying, it's not looking too good for Andromeda at this point

I'm waiting for reviews before I spend any money on it.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:53 AM

Just read the full IGN review, persuaded me to pass on this title. In case you're curious, they rated it a 7.7.

Old 03-21-2017, 05:39 AM
Yac

A review that actually convinced me to get this game rather sooner than later. I don't know how many of you know this channel, probably none Imho ACG is one of the best and most level headed reviewers out there. And just for the record, he's not saying "go and buy this".
https://youtu.be/kzJc6jo-0XA

Old 03-23-2017, 07:46 AM

So far this game has a 74 on metacritic. Not really interested in 7's and 8's (with some exceptions). I don't really carve out that much time for gaming in my schedule so I'd rather spend my time and money on 9's and 10's, which there are plenty of.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:42 AM
Yac

I'm planning to buy this later today, so most likely after the weekend I'll have an informed opinion to share.

Old 03-23-2017, 04:42 PM

21,664 posts, read 24,789,425 times
Pass.

To me Mass Effect was always a game with fairly mediocre gameplay. It was the story/immersion/dialogue that differentiated it, and particularly ME 2 was damn good. Now you have ME 4 with its bland writing, crappy voice acting, and a bunch of spastic midgets with some of the worst animations I've seen in the last 10 years to go along with some more mediocre gameplay. Pass.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:32 PM

17,111 posts, read 11,961,353 times
I put about an hour into it last night. Which means I'm still essentially on the tutorial mission. A couple odd expressions but nothing hideous/immersion breaking yet. Am using a custom face as the preset ones are all a bit weird looking. Hair though looks horrible. No texture to it. But you get into a helmet soon enough. Voice acting seems fine so far. The scanning omnitool aspect is an interesting mechanic though it's not really clear how often you should be using it. I am enjoying the game play. Will see how it holds up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games