Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-08-2020, 02:12 PM
 
Location: Itinerant
8,278 posts, read 6,318,516 times
Reputation: 6681

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
In a way, I wish professional and reviewers were a bit more stringent with their reviews. There’s often a discrepancy between what’s said/written vs what the numerical score ends up being, and that’s a real shame since a lot people look at the number rather than going through the review.

The Gamespot reviewer has been accused of being an SJW, and bringing up identity politics into her reviews.
Sure totally agree on the reviewers, they should be presenting the good the bad, their recommendation, and the box score should reflect that. Sometimes though the pro reviewers are so fan-boy/girl its embarrassing, I don't even know why someone that way would be given the assignment of reviewing those. Or just as bad reviewers who lead by saying "I really don't like 'X' genre games or 'Y' development, but I'm going to review this 'X' game by 'Y' and spend the whole time slagging off the developers and genre.

So to the Gamespot review, seemed balanced, couldn't tell the reviewer was or not a SJW, but I just figured it was required these days.
__________________
My mod posts will always be in red.
The RulesInfractions & DeletionsWho's the moderator? • FAQ • What is a "Personal Attack" • What is "Trolling" • Guidelines for copyrighted material.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-08-2020, 11:08 PM
 
29,587 posts, read 23,006,158 times
Reputation: 48361
Yeah the reviews seem to be all over the place and the only thing I really keyed on was one reviewer stating along the lines that this game is like one of those where you immerse yourself in the world and spend hours playing.

I'm pretty positive I'm going to love this game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2020, 03:51 AM
 
Location: Vallejo
22,092 posts, read 25,491,701 times
Reputation: 19337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yeah the reviews seem to be all over the place and the only thing I really keyed on was one reviewer stating along the lines that this game is like one of those where you immerse yourself in the world and spend hours playing.

I'm pretty positive I'm going to love this game.
Very initial first impression would be mixed. I'm still in the prologue, just finished the opening backstory mission and met the ripper doc. Ripper doc glitched and did not advance requiring a reload. Ran around for a while being confused why I couldn't move on. Reloaded an autosave which was from after finishing the ripper doc meeting and that fixed it. I would rate that as not Bethesda broken as I didn't have to go into console but broken is broken. The meet the gun seller side quest is 0/10. You're looking for a gun with a small icon that is free. There is zero dialog to this effect. It's your first signature weapon or whatever the term is, something you'll upgrade over time ala Witcher armor. Quite weak at first. Odd though that there's absolutely nothing. It's just a shopkeeper that randomly has a free gun for you for no reason. Possibly my game just bugged or possibly not.

Corpo opening mission was good. It's very short. You're a whiney ass if you start corpo, pick something else if you want to empathize with your character. Probably plenty of time for that later but I found that amusing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2020, 09:27 AM
 
Location: Manchester NH
15,506 posts, read 6,505,235 times
Reputation: 4831
This game is pathetic, and so is CDPR.

The graphics as realized are not "next-gen". The game was developed for Ps4/XboxOne starting in 2013.

They ****ing lied, the game doesn't work for that userbase.

And don't excuse them with BS like "this game was meant for PCs".

Get a grip, CDPR is on the polish stock market and they haven't had a mainline game since 2015. They needed it to be a financial success, so they hyped the game and crunched their employees to oblivion for this trash.

the percent of the userbase that has a high end PC or next-gen consoles is insignificant, all the money is in the Ps4/XboxOne userbase, and they didn't let reviewers have a copy of those versions.

They didn't even let reviewers show glitches on their b-roll footage to hide the current state of the game. They had 7 years and this is the garbage they produced.

If this was any other company no one would be excusing. They are pathetic and they deserve to go out of business. Their entire company history is writing fanfiction for pre-establish lore and they just spent 7 years lying like a bunch of garbage human beings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2020, 03:08 PM
 
29,587 posts, read 23,006,158 times
Reputation: 48361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Very initial first impression would be mixed. I'm still in the prologue, just finished the opening backstory mission and met the ripper doc. Ripper doc glitched and did not advance requiring a reload. Ran around for a while being confused why I couldn't move on. Reloaded an autosave which was from after finishing the ripper doc meeting and that fixed it. I would rate that as not Bethesda broken as I didn't have to go into console but broken is broken. The meet the gun seller side quest is 0/10. You're looking for a gun with a small icon that is free. There is zero dialog to this effect. It's your first signature weapon or whatever the term is, something you'll upgrade over time ala Witcher armor. Quite weak at first. Odd though that there's absolutely nothing. It's just a shopkeeper that randomly has a free gun for you for no reason. Possibly my game just bugged or possibly not.

Corpo opening mission was good. It's very short. You're a whiney ass if you start corpo, pick something else if you want to empathize with your character. Probably plenty of time for that later but I found that amusing.
It just seems to be a mess on the current gen consoles. Even the PC version reviewers were basing their reviews on was buggy.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bcvg1O5D9U

Cyberpunk 2077 is a mess on PS4 and Xbox One - and the memes have already begun

Quote:
According to Morgan, Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 looks very blurry, running between 720p and 900p resolution, and the framerate for any driving around the big city areas is constantly at around 20. While some indoor battles run well at 30fps, they can drop to 25fps. Framerate drops are one thing, but there's also hitching - big hiccups in the action where a new object or texture needs to load in. This can make it a challenge to shoot or drive.

Running the game on PlayStation 5 via backwards compatibility does improve matters to a degree - certainly the loading is faster, and the framerate is unlocked to 60fps - but the glitches, including the T-posing NPCs, remain.
https://twitter.com/MikeDrucker/stat...59241760612353
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2020, 04:52 PM
 
5,428 posts, read 3,555,762 times
Reputation: 5031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
It just seems to be a mess on the current gen consoles. Even the PC version reviewers were basing their reviews on was buggy.
From what I've gathered, playing it on a base console such as the original PS4/XONE is not recommended. The game suffers as a result of multiple bugs, massive fps drops, blurriness...

I'm playing it on the One X, and so far I've only encountered one minor bug, where a weapon was floating in the air, though I've not spent enough time with the game to properly assess it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2020, 07:21 PM
 
Location: Vallejo
22,092 posts, read 25,491,701 times
Reputation: 19337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
It just seems to be a mess on the current gen consoles. Even the PC version reviewers were basing their reviews on was buggy.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bcvg1O5D9U

Cyberpunk 2077 is a mess on PS4 and Xbox One - and the memes have already begun



https://twitter.com/MikeDrucker/stat...59241760612353
Yeah, doesn't surprise me too much. Scuttle butt was some of the delay was just getting it running on last gen consoles at all. I tried playing Witcher 3 on the Switch, hopefully it's not as bad as that was because that was awful.

4K RT - Ultra preset is smooth enough. There's a couple psycho settings beyond ultra and then DLSS could be turned off and it would probably potato hard at 4K, but pretty smooth 60-70 FPS with some minor dips below with DLSS on auto. Eye candy is nice, not really worried about trying to get up closer to 120 FPS, not that type of game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2020, 10:29 AM
 
29,587 posts, read 23,006,158 times
Reputation: 48361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
From what I've gathered, playing it on a base console such as the original PS4/XONE is not recommended. The game suffers as a result of multiple bugs, massive fps drops, blurriness...

I'm playing it on the One X, and so far I've only encountered one minor bug, where a weapon was floating in the air, though I've not spent enough time with the game to properly assess it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Yeah, doesn't surprise me too much. Scuttle butt was some of the delay was just getting it running on last gen consoles at all. I tried playing Witcher 3 on the Switch, hopefully it's not as bad as that was because that was awful.

4K RT - Ultra preset is smooth enough. There's a couple psycho settings beyond ultra and then DLSS could be turned off and it would probably potato hard at 4K, but pretty smooth 60-70 FPS with some minor dips below with DLSS on auto. Eye candy is nice, not really worried about trying to get up closer to 120 FPS, not that type of game.
It's pretty sad that Digital Foundry does not recommend playing this game on the PS4 at least in its current state, not only the visuals take a huge hit but the framerate they showed as atrocious. The PS4 Pro was slightly better.

They had some very good things to say about Cyberpunk 2077 on the PC with high end settings. My friend just got this game on his PC and absolutely loves it.

This game was in development for something like nine years, even before the PS4 was released, so it's unfortunate it's so janky for that system. I'm actually kind of hesitant to even get it now with the PS5 backward compatibility since it's not optimized for the current gen consoles. If the PS4 Pro could do this game somewhat bearable, I have hopes for the true PS5 version but not sure when that is coming out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2020, 02:05 PM
 
Location: Vallejo
22,092 posts, read 25,491,701 times
Reputation: 19337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
It's pretty sad that Digital Foundry does not recommend playing this game on the PS4 at least in its current state, not only the visuals take a huge hit but the framerate they showed as atrocious. The PS4 Pro was slightly better.

They had some very good things to say about Cyberpunk 2077 on the PC with high end settings. My friend just got this game on his PC and absolutely loves it.

This game was in development for something like nine years, even before the PS4 was released, so it's unfortunate it's so janky for that system. I'm actually kind of hesitant to even get it now with the PS5 backward compatibility since it's not optimized for the current gen consoles. If the PS4 Pro could do this game somewhat bearable, I have hopes for the true PS5 version but not sure when that is coming out.
I've had to drop down to more high settings getting out of tutorial land and into some larger missions. There's overall just a lack of polish on PC as well. It's pretty rough around the edges with some hilariously bad animations and erratic AI. Had another side job completely break requiring a reload but mostly it's more just comical animation bugs and AI being stupid. That happens pretty often. I had a mini-boss get stuck in an elevator instead of exiting in an animation loop, another boss just stood there while I pumped lead into it and ducked whenever it spammed its highly repetitive firing pattern. The other boss fight worked more or less as I imagine it was intended to. Some of the reviews made it sound like it was hard though, which just wasn't the case. You can do it the easy way or the long way, but even if you just ignore the conveniently placed solutions and rely on just brute forcing the combat it's just long more than it is difficult.

Really enjoying the story so far, but there's definitely a bad aftertaste of jank as well. Wrapped up Act 1 last night way too late which is a hell of a plot twist. Act 2 is more the meat and potatoes as I understand it. Rushed through Act 1 pretty quick, just got caught up in so there's a boat load of stuff I didn't do, some of it which may be closed off now as there's one hell of a plot twist. Gameplay is not difficult. I haven't even assigned most of my attribute and perk points and done nothing at all as far as crafting. Pretty cakewalk through Act 1, at least on standard difficult. Mostly running through for the story though. I'll probably do a second play through given what I've seen so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2020, 02:02 AM
 
Location: Springfield, Ohio
14,814 posts, read 14,819,692 times
Reputation: 15605
It sounds like I don't have to rush to get a PS5 to play the game after all. I'll wait a few months for when it becomes a more complete game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top