Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2022, 11:03 AM

21,830 posts, read 25,109,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I bought if for $30 when I got my 3070 video card. Started. Heard this patch was coming. Stopped. Downloaded patch. Haven't tried it yet. Getting good reviews on Reddit.
I will say in my very limited run pre-patch I had zero issues and was in awe of how pretty it is. If it's even marginally better I'd be thrilled.
I haven't gone back to it yet. From a quick glance at the 1.5 update it looks like they're continue to improve on the early acccess version of the game that released but at the pace it's happening I woudl anticipate another 2-3 years of development.

Possibly what we'll see is the Civiliziation or 4X development model. They put out a framework the $60 and then you buy 2-3 expansiosn for $30 each before the game really starts being fleshed out. With 2077 they released a pretty janky framework so it's taking additional time to finish that up. Then they'll go in and fill the world with some content so it doesn't feel so flat and implement some of the features that currenty are using placeholders like crafting, police response, implement some larger scope storylines around the gangs so they actually feel like they are gangs rather than just obstacles to get through to advance the main quest that otherwise have no reason to exist in the game.

In its early access state I feel that $20-30 is about right. There's some good content there that is enjoyable. It was good enough I finished the game (although certainly not all the content) in its unfinished state rather than do what I probably should have which was set it aside and wait for the full release.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2022, 11:27 PM

28 posts, read 16,517 times
I have interest to play this game next time

Old 05-14-2022, 08:12 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,492,366 times
It’s been over a year since I last played Cyberpunk 2077. I told myself that I’d go back to it, but then I kept getting sidetracked by other games. Lately, I’ve just been playing Halo Infinite multiplayer.

Old 05-23-2022, 07:19 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,627,074 times
Just started Cyberpunk on my PS5.

I didn't care for it much on the PC, but some of it may have been that I actually prefer gaming on a console sometimes. You sacrifice a lot of control mechanics and other neat little PC tricks, but at the same time I prefer the convenience of consoles.

I have to say the visuals are absolutely incredible and on par with my PC version. I'm sure there's a lot of differences technically but I'm not one that is too much into direct comparisons.

Old 05-30-2022, 06:02 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,627,074 times
Can't believe I've put in nearly 30 hours so far into this game, and absolutely having a blast.

A far cry from how I felt playing only a few hours a year ago.

Old 12-31-2022, 06:04 AM

3 posts, read 1,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sad_hotline View Post
Anyone else interested in this game? I actually stopped playing games for quite a while, but holy snap, this makes me want to build a whole new PC.

I actually haven't played any of the developer's other games (The Witcher series), but I've heard soaring reviews from them, so I have faith they'll deliver.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjxS9ciNlII[/url]
Since the new update I installed it again and I also play it - but I tried some mods to fill the streets up with more cars and people - and now I have lower frame rates but it feels more realistic.

Next year I buy and build a stronger PC!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games