Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 03:00 AM

313 posts, read 268,744 times

Advertisements

Last year Santa delivered a Nintendo Switch. What a joke. As you may know, the joy cons included with this system are defective and fail quickly. It's called "drift" and there's a class action lawsuit.....I can send them in to Nintendo for repair, but read they'll just fail again and again.
We'd like a quality system this time around, one that won't break after a couple months of light use, like the Nintendo did. Something my kids can grow with for a few years. "Roblox" compatible.... Also, do systems offer wired controllers anymore? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2019, 09:21 AM

1,361 posts, read 552,578 times
I run the XBOne X.

No complaints. Looks stunning on my 65" OLED display and it's a solid system. Controllers are wireless and perform well with good battery life.

I believe from a hardware standpoint it's "better" than the PS but don't quote me on that. It's not why I bought it and not interested in a big debate. I went with the XBOne for the online XBLive community.

Old 11-15-2019, 11:05 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,273,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Withinpines View Post
Last year Santa delivered a Nintendo Switch. What a joke. As you may know, the joy cons included with this system are defective and fail quickly. It's called "drift" and there's a class action lawsuit.....I can send them in to Nintendo for repair, but read they'll just fail again and again.
We'd like a quality system this time around, one that won't break after a couple months of light use, like the Nintendo did. Something my kids can grow with for a few years. "Roblox" compatible.... Also, do systems offer wired controllers anymore? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Go for an Xbox One via All Access, this covers the console lease, Xbox Live and Game Pass. If you opt for all access Xbox One X (IIRC $25 pcm), you get an upgrade to Xbox Project Scarlett on release.

So Xbox One X this Christmas, Project Scarlett next.

Old 11-15-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach911 View Post
I run the XBOne X.

No complaints. Looks stunning on my 65" OLED display and it's a solid system. Controllers are wireless and perform well with good battery life.

I believe from a hardware standpoint it's "better" than the PS but don't quote me on that. It's not why I bought it and not interested in a big debate. I went with the XBOne for the online XBLive community.
Thanks so much. My kids play online constantly. I'm going to ask a stupid question cuz I'm just a mom, could you please give me the EXACT name of your system? So that Santa gets it right. Thanks again....

Old 11-15-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Go for an Xbox One via All Access, this covers the console lease, Xbox Live and Game Pass. If you opt for all access Xbox One X (IIRC $25 pcm), you get an upgrade to Xbox Project Scarlett on release.

So Xbox One X this Christmas, Project Scarlett next.
Thanks. Sounds like a good package. We can get a discount at our military BX ($150) whichever model they're selling (??)....We've had good luck using this retailer, so probably will buy the Xbox there. Same "mom" question I asked earlier; could you list, or rank, your favorite Xbox models I should be looking for at this store? I appreciate your help, thank you...

Old 11-15-2019, 01:56 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,273,469 times
Quote:
Thanks. Sounds like a good package. We can get a discount at our military BX ($150) whichever model they're selling (??)....We've had good luck using this retailer, so probably will buy the Xbox there. Same "mom" question I asked earlier; could you list, or rank, your favorite Xbox models I should be looking for at this store? I appreciate your help, thank you...
Here's the page with the details.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access

I'd recommend the Xbox One X, it's true 4K HDR, the only console that boasts it. Plus worh all access you get the next version of Xbox before Christmas next year.

Old 11-15-2019, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Thanks so much. My kids play online constantly. I'm going to ask a stupid question cuz I'm just a mom, could you please give me the EXACT name of your system? So that Santa gets it right. Thanks again....
Quoting myself before I get attacked. I didn't mean "my kids play online constantly" how that sounded. They earn internet time they then choose how to use. Their TV sits beside ours. My son uses his console, streaming videos of gamers, learning how to better play. He does this more than playing actual videogames.....Clarifing before someone springloaded unleashes on me.....

Last edited by Withinpines; 11-15-2019 at 04:15 PM..

Old 11-15-2019, 04:03 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
I'd choose Playstation over XBox.

But your kids will love either.

Old 11-15-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I'd choose Playstation over XBox.

But your kids will love either.
We have three old Playstation consoles and loved those systems, never a problem. We also have an old Xbox too, that worked as expected. The Nintendo broke after about 3 months. While our old ones can still chug along if needed. Nintendo's wired controller REEKS like electronics. Any experience with that type of odor in either of the two systems? Like the plastic/new electronics smell? It gets allover his hands....it's a cheap system overall and big disappointment as we purchased so many expensive games etc for it, and are limping along with a stinky wired controller and broken joy cons, after owning it since christmas.

Old 11-16-2019, 07:56 PM

14,679 posts, read 14,641,413 times
I'm a PlayStation head as well, but either console is fine. For the old generation, PS3 was superior to XBOX360, but these days it just comes down to personal preference. PS exclusives tend to be more story-based or hand-to-hand combat (Last of Us, Uncharted, God of War) and XB exclusives are more first-person shooter-based (Halo, Gears of War), but if they're too young for that stuff it really doesn't matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games