Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 03:43 PM

93 posts, read 204,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmngrl8203 View Post
I have Sims 3 on my phone and one of my things says to creep out another sim? How do I do that?
LOL, that's really cool! This reminds me of TS2 on the PC! Where you get to drink another Sim if you're angry with them (use Laganaphyllis simnovorii, aka Cow Plant) and other mysterious wishes.

I googled your question and found answers. I think games are better if you just get a tip at first so here's one:
Each of the Sims in the neighborhood have houses that are visitable by your Sim, complete with the ability to do anything you wish there if the neighbor allows you in. That’s right, creep out another Sim that barely knows you by using their shower or raiding their fridge - those are actually goals! (I’ll get to those later)
Have fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 01:22 PM

821 posts, read 2,037,670 times
Tickler kid.... thanks for sharing although my sims dont request to creep another sim out I'm still going to try it sounds funny

Old 06-25-2009, 02:04 PM

727 posts, read 1,890,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Considering The Sims series has now become the best-selling computer game (and possibly all software for that matter) series of all time, I'm sure I'm not alone with my excitement for the eventual release of The Sims 3. Please use this thread to pitch your ideas or suggestions for what you'd like to see implemented in the new installment of this "God-like" series. Here are my ideas:
  1. Believe it or not, EVERYBODY in the world doesn't live in a sterile suburb. I'd appreciate the ability to be able to custom-make my OWN neighborhood maps and draw up my own lots, as a true urban planner. I like how The Sims 2 incorporated mixed-use zoning into its otherwise sterile suburban enclaves by permitting you to designate a lot as being either residential or community (parks, small businesses), but I've been hankering to raise my sims in an alternative to the 'burbs. I'd like to draw up a flat, grid-shaped map and then have my sims live in townhomes, brownstones, lofts, etc. I believe "The Urbz" version of the game for consoles touched upon this, but the PC version fell short.
  2. I know this would probably crash most people's PC's, but has anyone else ever thought it would be cool to follow your sims to work? Perhaps you could direct them to complete different objectives at their workplace, and then your daily pay is based upon how much of your goals get accomplished, with a bonus being awarded for 100% completion of daily workplace objectives. You could play pranks on co-workers, gossip about the boss, break the coffee maker, chit-chat around the water cooler, etc.
Well, that's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure I have many more ideas. Please feel free to share yours as well!
You should be able to upload a city from Sim City and your sim could live there. Thatd be a nice idea.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:00 PM

93 posts, read 204,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC JC Mom View Post
Tickler kid.... thanks for sharing although my sims dont request to creep another sim out I'm still going to try it sounds funny
Sounds fun if you can do it. I don't use iPhone so I don't have experience with it! That response was for an iPhone TS3 application question. Apparently TS3 comes in many gadget flavors now.

If you play TS2 (for the PC), maybe you've seen how some of the sims do some amusing things autonomously. I get a kick out of how some would cheat at games like chess. Some outgoing sims also liked to shock other sims by getting into hot tubs all naked. Other sims if they were very dirty and needed a shower but couldn't get to one, might do a nude sponge bath in public bathrooms (like a shopping mall). Fun loving sims might play pirate in the bathtub. No wonder I still love this game. You create a sim and over time, secret aspects of their personalities pop out when you least expect it.

I don't know if the sims in TS3 (for PC) try to creep each other out. Sounds amusing if they do. Their personalities are so much more complicated now. Wish I had the game already but I will probably wait til the end of the year or the first EP before I buy.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:49 AM

Hey my fellow Sims Fans....LOL
so is only been like two months and EA already anounced the release of their new expansion pack... what do ya think about it????

Old 08-07-2009, 06:40 PM

144 posts, read 407,231 times
Quote:
so is only been like two months and EA already anounced the release of their new expansion pack... what do ya think about it????

Not too thrilled. I wish they would have done something along the lines of seasons, or a way to open up all of the rabbit holes. While the World Adventures premise is a good/decent one, I don't think that it should have been their first X-pac.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:03 PM

672 posts, read 5,093,265 times
Quote:
I hear they get to travel to China, Egypt and France? I'll buy it! Sounds like fun to me. I like that they have expansion packs, this way we get to learn things gradually and choose what we like by choosing to buy the expansion packs or not. We get to decide how many GB's we allow them to take from us, haha

I am still hoping they will release a Pet expansion pack very very very soon!

Old 08-19-2009, 07:18 PM

658 posts, read 847,432 times
I am very disappointed with the Sims 3 and I can't believe that I typed that. I loved the Sims 2 and was very excited about the 3rd installment. After a while of playing, I encountered so many glitches and yes, I tried to correct them to no avail. I've had to delete families due to bugs. Just recently I discovered that when you have a large family you really can't seperate them when they get older. I had a Sim reach adulthood and tried to move her out her parent's home. That was done, however, I can't play her anymore, thanks to the seamless neighborhood.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:44 AM

I'm kinda torn... while I like that the are coming out with expansion packs it just seems like Katrine said you get to learn new things all the time I just wish they werent so exspensive..

Old 08-28-2009, 12:53 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,205,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeraKera View Post
I am very disappointed with the Sims 3 and I can't believe that I typed that. I loved the Sims 2 and was very excited about the 3rd installment. After a while of playing, I encountered so many glitches and yes, I tried to correct them to no avail. I've had to delete families due to bugs. Just recently I discovered that when you have a large family you really can't seperate them when they get older. I had a Sim reach adulthood and tried to move her out her parent's home. That was done, however, I can't play her anymore, thanks to the seamless neighborhood.
There are plenty of mods that fix EAxis bugs, but it's ridiculous that these mods exist. It's like the managers have never heard of quality control.

I think this expansion pack is useless. There were a lot more desirable things that could have been added, like a neighborhood editor or weather. Plus they've made it more expensive because they're including "SimPoints" on items that should have been in the game in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games