Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 11:00 AM

821 posts, read 2,038,080 times

Advertisements

I like Pets, University and seasons from Sims 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 04:48 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
I'm personally very happy with The Sims 3. There are some bugs still though, and I agree that instead of just "rushing" to release the game to match the hype they should just bank enough time in WHILE DEVELOPING THE GAME to work out the bugs before release. When you release a bug-filled game, people tend to get angry. When SimCity Societies was released as a "sequel" to SimCity 4 I was REALLY ticked off! I'm just hoping The Sims doesn't follow that same path into oblivion. It's been the best-selling video game series of all time!

Old 09-04-2009, 03:13 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,328,314 times
^^^^I agree, the stadium gets messed up when I zoom in too close, when the sims get blocked it takes them a while to start going again, a sim got trapped in the school. They also should've had the cars pull out of the driveway instead of just appearing at the curb.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:23 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,580,735 times
Are there any Sims fans still out there?

Supernatural and Seasons expansion packs will be released this year.

This site has a ton of screenshots for Seasons. http://www.simsnieuws.nl/2012/08/03/...-jaargetijden/

Old 08-04-2012, 07:37 PM

93 posts, read 204,815 times
I'm a long time fan.
I saw the seasons (TS3) preview with the snow and pumpkins today... looks really fun! (Did that old man die from the cold? yikes (didn't see Grim))

I will have it eventually. These days I usually catch up with all the new EPs at the end of the year, during the sales.
It's reticulating simoleon splines accounting thing ya know!

Old 08-05-2012, 09:14 PM

I'm not sure if I'll get it or not. I have been having problems with the game lately (trouble starting up), but I cherish it when I can play it. Seasons is the only one I really want though. Out of all the expansion packs I'd be happy with just Late Night and Seasons.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:47 PM

Oh, not good with the problem.

Assuming your computer is up to specifications... Do you use custom content? That's often a source of problems especially with TS3. That's because the coding for the game sometimes incorporates updates that conflict with non-EA content. You can test for that by moving your documents folder to backup so the game starts a new folder. OR you can log off to a guest profile when your game boots up, to see if it runs normally with a blank documents folder. That way you can tell if it's a download causing the problem. The game will run as a mint install unless you are using mods that affect the core game.

My recommendation (past experience!) would be to save/backup your game documents folder in a safe place (desktop?), REGISTER all your games via ORIGIN (the download tool). Once they are registered (just to be double sure, ORIGIN will list your game available for download) then... Uninstall ALL the games. Start with a fresh new documents game folder, then reinstall them in the correct order. Then update with the patches, then run the game to be sure it is running okay, and finally, COPY your backup from desktop to the normal documents folder.

It really is an amazing game when stuff works well. I normally do not have any problems with the game other than bugs that occur with some patches. (grrr) So I tend to wait a month or so before installing the latest game.

I loved TS2 with Seasons. I imagine TS3 will be amazing.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:59 AM

Hey, thanks for the tips!

I have a Mac and it seems that it is more difficult to get the game working on it than a PC.

The Sims 3 is really fun even though there are some things I wish were just in the base game.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:56 PM

I agree with you!
After the game has been around a few years, there will be more clothing, hairs, animations and fun things to do that the base game didn't have. Things that make the game even more amazing.

For those of us on a game budget however, it gets $-complicated-$ when EA is now using the EA store for amazing exclusive content with special game abilities, that are not part of regular expansion and stuff packs. But these EA store additions over time, will be much more stable than most user created custom content. (Many who make CC cannot tirelessly update their work for the new patches.) I've come to rely on EA content exclusively. I sometimes buy daily specials even when not playing the game. I'm still on a hiatus from the game due to my schedules, but at the end of the year I'll do some catch up.

I'm not very helpful for those using a Mac. The EA forum for the game does have quite a few Mac users, so if you're not a member there, I think that would be a better place to get ideas for help with your game.

Happy Simming!

Old 08-08-2012, 03:01 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,745,895 times
What sucks about the Sims 3 is that you can't customize your own neighborhood. In the Sims 2, you can place any building or lot wherever you want. Plus, you can customize every single building. Can't do that in the third one. In the third one, neighborhoods comes pre fab'd and you can't do what you want to them.

I'll stick with The Sims 2 for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games