Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2009, 05:07 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,089,116 times

Advertisements

I was really hoping that Nintendo would announce some worthwhile titles for 2009. Here a list of the things I was most looking forward to:

1) StarFox Wii: Ever since Mario Kart Wii proved that a Wii game with quality on-line play could be a huge success I’ve been holding out hope for a modern StarFox game with on-line multiplayer dogfights similar to what we had in SF64. Of course with the power of the Wii the battle zones would be even bigger, more detailed and allow more than 4-players to join in.

2) Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 & 2: Nintendo could release these obscure Mario Kart arcade exclusive in their special price line-up to give us MK fans two more games to use the Wii-wheel with. Of course the games should also include GameCube controller support.

YouTube - Mario Kart Arcade GP 2

3) Super Smash Bros. Small Brawl: Smash Brothers for the DSi using baby characters and with MUCH more refined on-line support.

4) Super Smash Bros.64 for the US Virtual Console: Why hasn't this already happened?! The Japanese got it this last January.

5) F-Zero WX: Just imagine how beautiful an updated game in the F-Zero franchise would look on the Wii!

6) Frame Gride 2: Why should the XBOX 360 and PS3 get the better Japanese style Mecha fighting games?! The original Frame Gride was an amazing piece of software on the Dreamcast and it even featured a very crude form of on-line play. Instead of the robots looking futuristic they more so resembled Medieval Knights and they brandished swords and magical attacks. They could even summon multiple helpers called Squires to assist them in battle. The game was a masterpiece and deserves a sequel on a system that could do it justice. Thanks to the unique control scheme of the Wii I believe it is that console. Here’s a link to a video clip, please watch it.

YouTube - Frame Gride - The Retired Hero (Vain Palace)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 11:53 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,736 times
Your guess is as good as mine. THey thought they were throwing their fans a bone with the announcements of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Metriod: Other M, Golden Sun DS, and Super Mario Galaxy 2. For me, only Metriod: Other M and Golden Sun DS perked my interest. They could've done so much more, but again, they dropped the ball with idiotic perephials.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games