Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2009, 07:22 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,933,871 times

Advertisements

from news 4 gamers:

Answering fan questions on an IGN blog, EA’s Brian Hayes confirmed the news.

“No, there is no option for face button punching in the final version,” he said “but we are investigating providing the option via DLC.”

The news has sparked a debate on a number of gaming forums. Fight Night purists believe Total Punch Control is the only true control setup for the game, while others claim they will not buy the game as the analogue controls aren't sufficiently responsive.

Hayes also confirmed that EA has a “dedicated team” in place for providing DLC post-release. No specifics were confirmed but we suspect we’ll see extra fighters available for download.

Once again EA Sports has ruined a would be cool game by behaving like dictators, it didn't work with MAdden Vision, and it won't work here! I think I will wait!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 10:36 AM

2 posts, read 3,882 times
why would i want a cheap after thought of a patch......i followed the development for two years ea were well aware people dont like playing with the swisel stick but in there arrogence they knew best....played demo wont be buying this buttons or not .....it is crap in every department

Old 06-23-2009, 10:42 AM

542 posts, read 1,449,327 times
fight night rnd 3 is the only game i play on my xbox. i tried the demo. i won't be buying it. instead of thinking about where and when i want to place a punch. i struggle to throw the correct punch. it's lame. the majority of online players use buttons, so i don't know what purest they were talking about. the should have said, the jab cross haymaker crowd. you know who i'm talking about if you play online.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:32 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,933,871 times
that is exactly what I am saying, the whole idea of not even having the option to choose doesn't sit well with me, oh well another loss for EA. And its a shame, because good boxing games don't come out that often, and with the addition of Tyson, this game had classic written all over it

Old 06-28-2009, 02:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,094 times
Default Are you serious

AFTER ALL THESE YEARS OF FIGHT NIGHT WITH NO TYSON AND THE YEAR THEY COME OUT WITH IT THEY MESS THE WHOLE GAME UP. IT SHOULD BE MY OPTION TO USE THE BUTTONS WHOEVER MAKES THE GAME SUCKS AND I WILL NOT BUY THE GAME, AND I WILL SPREAD THE WORD TO ALL MY BUDDIES ACROSS THE us NOT TO BUY THIS PIECE OF ****
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games