Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 06:39 PM

446 posts, read 831,303 times

Advertisements

Anyone got the resurgance pack? I got it yesterday and I actually like the maps. They're fun and different. It's nice that they keep upgrading the maps so we don't get so bored with the same ole maps all the time....It sucks that it costs 1200 MS points!

BTW, there have been tons of people msg'ing me the past week or so telling me if I give them 1600 MS points they'd make me a 10th prestige level 70 with all bells and whistles. My son told me they all are scams and they get your money first then disappear.

Bunch of bratty kids --- haven't heard a voice that's changed yet on those stupid voice messages they send me! Bunch of 10 year olds or something close!

I don't know the point in cheating. I just don't get it. You can always tell a level 70 10th prestige that cheated because they SUCK! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 07:34 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrn0224 View Post
Anyone got the resurgance pack? I got it yesterday and I actually like the maps. They're fun and different. It's nice that they keep upgrading the maps so we don't get so bored with the same ole maps all the time....It sucks that it costs 1200 MS points!

BTW, there have been tons of people msg'ing me the past week or so telling me if I give them 1600 MS points they'd make me a 10th prestige level 70 with all bells and whistles. My son told me they all are scams and they get your money first then disappear.

Bunch of bratty kids --- haven't heard a voice that's changed yet on those stupid voice messages they send me! Bunch of 10 year olds or something close!

I don't know the point in cheating. I just don't get it. You can always tell a level 70 10th prestige that cheated because they SUCK! LOL
Yeah, I just dont get the cheating/prestige/hack lobby stuff either. Ive been getting a lot of messages myself from people I dont know asking me to be in their cheat lobbies. I pride myself on never boosting or cheating in this game and will never do so.

Just this morning after coming back from my workout I walked in and noticed the 14 year old in one of these lobbys and made him quit before it began. He said "Its safe and free" I asked him why is it soooooooooo important for these kids to cheat just for titles and levels and he didnt have an answer. Thats why I will no longer prestige (stopped at level 70 third prestige) because there is no longer an prestige in doing it.

I like the new maps especially the carnival one.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:20 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,090,473 times
Default Gypsies, tramps and thieves

Cheating has gotten so bad in Modern Warfare 2 that I hear many players openly discuss using modded controllers to gain an advantage. This is often confirmed by the kill cam at the end of a round.

What’s this say about our society when we stoop so low as to cheat at something as inconsequential as a video game? I wish it was only young people doing it but the truth is that many adults resort to such behavior too. No wonder everything in the US is corrupt nowadays as I’m sure the ethics shown during gaming permeate beyond the virtual world in to the real one.

Yeah the new maps are nice as they add even more variety. It’s just a pain that I‘ve had to pay an additional 30 dollars above the price of the game for the pleasure of playing them.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:37 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,395,465 times
Im done with MW2....takes too long to prestige and yes the camping and the cheating drove me crazy.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:17 AM

Default My daily fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
Im done with MW2....takes too long to prestige and yes the camping and the cheating drove me crazy.
Despite all its flaws I can’t stop playing Modern Warfare 2. There’s just nothing else out that can match its adrenaline inducing gameplay.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:44 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,395,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Despite all its flaws I can’t stop playing Modern Warfare 2. There’s just nothing else out that can match its adrenaline inducing gameplay.
I hear ya- it's a fun game. I think Im Call of Dutied out for a while

MW2- 14 days played on and offline
WAW- 5 days played on and offline
COD4- 22 days played on and offline
COD3- 3 days played on and offline

Old 06-13-2010, 08:21 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
^%@$(#$()!!!! Sometimes I just get so sick of people playing this game. I dont really enjoy the team games as I play FFA almost exclusively, but I am sick and tired of the idiots who come in and screw up the game by:

Boosting
Team playing - where instead of killing each other, two (or more) guys set up shop somewhere in the game and kill anyone who comes close buy.
Campers
Modded systems or modded controllers

Played a game this morning where there was some (obviously boosted) L70 10th prestige guy just killing himself each time he spawns with an RPG. He killed himself like 45 times with the RPG. WTF?

Old 06-13-2010, 09:31 PM

Default Unsupporting Conduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Played a game this morning where there was some (obviously boosted) L70 10th prestige guy just killing himself each time he spawns with an RPG. He killed himself like 45 times with the RPG. WTF?
I make it a point to give these kinds of players negative feedback.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:58 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,460,829 times
I don't understand why people would consider it to be fun to cheat in MW2. Who are you impressing?

Old 06-15-2010, 05:37 AM

Default By any means necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
I don't understand why people would consider it to be fun to cheat in MW2. Who are you impressing?
I’d be fascinated to have a psychiatrist explain to us the thought process that goes on in the mind of a video game cheater. It’s like that old cliché that school teachers used to say, “You’re not just cheating others but you’re also cheating yourself”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games