Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2009, 04:47 PM

8,041 posts, read 10,632,364 times

Advertisements

Hello all. I am not usually here on the video game thread, but I'm asking a few questions for my son.

He just got the new Left 4 Dead 2 game and is playing it in single player mode (not playing it live online with others). He cannot get the "characters" in the game to "fight" him. Does he have to go live and online with others to get the other characters to "come alive"? We are on dial up and can't access it. I don't know the right terminology here just trying to help my kid! All you game "techies" help! We have been all over the internet and cannot find the answer. If you have this game, can he message you with questions? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 03:07 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,736 times
Well, for one, I'm not exactly sure you can get on Live with a dial=up connection.

And by "characters", you mean the team mates? If so, they will not fight each other. You can shoot them all you want, but they won't retaliate. Left 4 Dead 2 single player is zombie shooting only.

And if you want the other characters to "come alive" without playing online, the only way to do that is local co-op. Basically, have a friend sit with him and pick up a second controller.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:56 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,110,291 times
He should be able to play the single player mode fine. He'll just be playing with three AI controlled characters instead of real people.

If you're talking about VS multiplayer, he'll either need Xbox Live, or, I think, you can play it with other people in split screen mode offline.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:43 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,393,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
think, you can play it with other people in split screen mode offline.
If L4D2 is anything like the first one you can play split- screen offline...

If the menu looks anything like the L4D1
(you'll need 2 remotes for this)
try going to - *play with friend
then- *create a room

FYI mom
*To access Xbox live at the very least you'll need DSL otherwise it wont connect

Old 12-08-2009, 10:23 AM

2,002 posts, read 4,583,894 times
Maybe he can change the difficulty so the infected will attack him more often. The teammates (the survivors) won't attack him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
He should be able to play the single player mode fine. He'll just be playing with three AI controlled characters instead of real people.

If you're talking about VS multiplayer, he'll either need Xbox Live, or, I think, you can play it with other people in split screen mode offline.
exactly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games