Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2010, 12:43 PM

898 posts, read 1,401,588 times

Advertisements

I just bought this game this weekend. It's a load of fun with a number of different ways to kill your targets.

Any other fans of the series here?

There is one annoyance I have. Haystacks function like magnets in this game. I can be at the top of a tall building, trying to jump to the roof of an adjacent building, and as soon as I begin the jump, I get sucked into a haystack, only to have to begin climbing all over again. Besides that annoyance, I love the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 03:49 PM

1,482 posts, read 3,125,492 times
There are little things that can be annoying, like not easily finding out how to control things after you take a week or so off on another game or something else.

The usual silliness still prevails, with your character somehow being able to hide in such a distinctive garb. You would think with all the attention paid to armor and other things, that they would make it so you had to dress differently to get into a church, marketplace, or government building unnoticed.....

(Sorry about the complaints, I like the game, but like I said, it has some minor quibbles...... Oh, and he somehow knew Michaelangelo? )

Old 02-24-2010, 12:26 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
I found the first one repetitive and kind of boring and never finished it. Impressive graphics however.
I've heard the second one fixed most of the issues with repetitiveness.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:15 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
Second one is nothing short of amazing. The graphics are BEAUTIFUL, the story is immersive, and there are numerous interesting things to do.

My favorite thing about the game is that it encourages a person to explore. I literally spent HOURS running around finding treasure chests, and doing side assassinations and such for extra cash.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:08 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,490,456 times
I bought all 3 last month, good games.

The last 2 were the best IMO, the first one got repetitive here is why...

Before you start a mission you have to visit the Assassin's hideout and one of the person will tell you information about an expecific target you must investigate, once you complete the mission you HAVE TO GO BACK and let him know what you found out, then he'll give you the heads up and assassinate a target that is connected with the previous one you interrogated/investigated.

To the ones that bought the 2nd or the 3rd games, play the 1st one first in order to understand the story better.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:18 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Addicted. Mrs Tek and I both.

The original sucks. We started with II so trying to go back really didn't work for us. We have played II and Brotherhood multiple times and learn more "tricks" with each. An example: when you are doing the race at the coliseum and the climb down to the first "bubble" is driving you crazy? Use the parachute.

A new one is coming this fall/winter. Yes!!!!

Old 04-22-2011, 09:05 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,490,456 times
Yea for the 3DS: Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy. Hopefully they'll release it as well for PS3 and 360.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:31 PM

306 posts, read 135,749 times
i enjoyed 2 but i perfer brotherhood they are both good games with great graphics but with little obvious faults that can give me a laugh such as, running around a corner where no one can see you and jumping into a hay stack and they will never find you, endless laughs for me watch the guards running around not able to find me

Old 05-11-2011, 09:28 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust2Dust View Post
i enjoyed 2 but i perfer brotherhood they are both good games with great graphics but with little obvious faults that can give me a laugh such as, running around a corner where no one can see you and jumping into a hay stack and they will never find you, endless laughs for me watch the guards running around not able to find me
Yeah, but the next time you try it they poke you in the butt with a spear, and out you hop!

Old 05-16-2011, 03:29 AM

306 posts, read 135,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Yeah, but the next time you try it they poke you in the butt with a spear, and out you hop!

this just a Technicality, that can be easily over come by killing them all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games