Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 09:28 AM

233 posts, read 685,728 times

Advertisements

It's a decent game, but not for me. Like others said, it's basically GTA: Wild West.

I'm a nice person, but this game brought out the worst of my desires. In under 30 hours I:
-Shot an old man instead of paying
-Shot someone in broad daylight
-Shot the witnesses to that shooting
-Shot all the witnesses to that shooting
-Learned how to swear better
-Witnessed animated sex on a table and cocaine use...

It was kinda fun, but I wouldn't play it again. I got a Google Alert about blueberries on sale after I beat it, so I completely forgot about this game until now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 04:08 PM

613 posts, read 1,270,430 times
I've played all the gta games, and i always thought the best setting for that type of game would be western. I love this game. It is well thought out and entertaining. I would recomend it to anyone.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:26 AM

2,883 posts, read 5,891,411 times
I like GTA4 much better.

Wild West games to me are just "boring". Really can't explain it. Maybe its the open prairie (nothing to do). Maybe its the lack of modern gadgets and "stimulation". I like the side games, like blackjack, and the four finger knife game, haha. A bunch of bored cowboys who nearly cut their fingers off.

-The effects in red dead redemption are good. I think I read on the amazon profile, there are 40 animals? The rain, tumbleweeds, etc are good.

-Its fun to tie up different people. One guy (maybe a preacher), said, "may the bible strike you down" or something. Pretty funny. Kind of like the religious humor in the Simpsons (like Ned Flanders). Tying up the prostitutes is funny...."you don't have to do this. I can work for free" or something. The AI doesnt seem as sharp as the GTA games, maybe because there are less moving objects on the screen.

The GTA games seemed teeming with different quotes. I miss Lazlow. The GTA games were revolutionary, they'll be hard to top.

I like the treasure side missions in red dead redemption. Look for a big tree and 3 rocks on this old map, and you've got this vast open area to search. The terrain is pretty well varied. Really good for an old west game. But doesnt hit the highest bar that one of the GTA games hit.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:39 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Good game wish I didn't have to ride around so much though.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:19 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,454,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I thought it looked like crap and then i realized rock star games made it so its probably good, but no havent tried it.
Yeah thats what I thought, was hesitant in hiring it out but when I did I just relised how good of a game it was, kind of a hick GTA but I love the Online Multiplayer.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:53 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Good game but the roaming sucks

Old 09-23-2010, 11:11 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
I enjoyed tying people up and piling them on the railroad tracks.

Throwing dynamite at a stagecoach and the traffic jam that would follow.

Hogtying people and dragging them slowly through the wilds so the wolves would nip at them.

Piling people up next to the TNT barrels and then shooting said barrels.

Shooting the legs out from the horses of bad guys and watching the bad guys then face plant into the dirt hahah.

Shooting the weapons out of bad guys hands, watching them run, shooting them in the foot to cripple them, then hogtie them and feed them to the bears.

And on and on. This game really rewards being a bastard.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:20 PM

75 posts, read 91,387 times
I don't care much for the upcoming "zombie" pack but I admit I'd gladly go hunting undead grizzlies.

I still play sometimes, staying in Tall Trees and the plains near the ranch hoping to witness random encounters between animals and NPCs

... like a bear standing on hind legs ready to attack a man pissing against a tree, totally unaware.

There are choices I wish I'd been given:

With no campsite option, you would've sat, or slept, or saved game at people's campfires.

" PRESS X /square TO ROAST MEAT "

Then the provisions menu opens and you choose if you'll eat some elk or cougar on a stick

And when they've got the big pot suspended over the fire
" PRESS X /square TO COOK STEW "

After which you get fame for the tastiness of your meal - nah! of course not

But it is a shame there's just a tedious game and nothing else to do at Manzanita Post
(when not hunting/torturing/killing animals and/or humans)

I'd like to sit by the fire and drink with the guys, stay drunk longer and start drunk fights while the fiddler plays an upbeat tune for a change.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:42 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,146,501 times
Bought it, tried to play it couldn't do it. It crashes constantly, especially when autosaving. It is almost unplayable.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:04 PM

91 posts, read 213,451 times
One of my top 3 favorite games of all time. The storyline is incredible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games