Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 10:35 AM

894 posts, read 2,314,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jepa10 View Post
Hey do you know this area - 204 E Beverley St., Staunton,VA , located downtown by the Blackfriar's Theater and a block from MBC. Is it a good area? Can you please tell me? If you dont mind can I ask you something else too..... I have seen lot of replies for so many questions posted. But why I am not getting any reply from anyone else other than you. I am happy that atleast I am getting reply from you. But I felt I am the one who is from a far of continent and wanted to know the ideas of people who live there in Staunton.
If those are the apartments I think they are, I have actually always thought it would be cool to live there. It's an old building, maybe 1940's era. I haven't heard good or bad things about them. It is a good part of downtown, and it will put you in walking distance to many things. Location wise it's probably one of the best places in town. I didn't reccomend it because I don't know what they are called and didn't have a # to the office.

Also, I might be the only one responding because as far as I know, I'm the most active poster from Staunton. As I said before it's a small town, and not many small towns get represented here on city data. There was another poster who went by the name emsman I think that lives here in the area, but haven't seen him post anything lately. He knew the area well it seemed, maybe even better than me. In either case, I hope this information helps you out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 05:46 AM

382 posts, read 867,422 times
I'm still here, just not as often. Yes, I live in Staunton also. Do NOT consider 204 E. Beverly St.. It is a old house converted to unemployed Medicade recepients. Checking with a realator is a really good bet. As someone said before there are hundreds of old houses divided into apartments that go for as little as $300/mo and some have utilities inculded and most do not require a redicilous contract, so you can move easier if you want. Big Sky and Frontier are the only "complexes" in town I would consider. The lack of a car will limit you some from the county areas initially but there are regional transport options(Virginia Regional Transit). You can rent an average house for the cost of Big Sky apartments. Stay away from the west side of town(West of Thornrose Ave. along W. Beverly St.). There really is no "unsafe" area, random crime is rare, mostly petty stuff. I may have that 204 E. Beverly St. confused with a house up the street, I might be thinking of 216-218 E. Beverly St.

Last edited by emsman; 10-04-2010 at 05:53 AM.. Reason: more info added

Old 10-05-2010, 06:39 AM

6 posts, read 17,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBat View Post
If those are the apartments I think they are, I have actually always thought it would be cool to live there. It's an old building, maybe 1940's era. I haven't heard good or bad things about them. It is a good part of downtown, and it will put you in walking distance to many things. Location wise it's probably one of the best places in town. I didn't reccomend it because I don't know what they are called and didn't have a # to the office.

Also, I might be the only one responding because as far as I know, I'm the most active poster from Staunton. As I said before it's a small town, and not many small towns get represented here on city data. There was another poster who went by the name emsman I think that lives here in the area, but haven't seen him post anything lately. He knew the area well it seemed, maybe even better than me. In either case, I hope this information helps you out.
There are many areas in Virginia but, Staunton is quite a good place to live and I have even visited this town no of times coz I am a real estate agent and I recommend this town to many people and they like it. In Virginia, this is my favorite town buddy!!

Zoya-capitalareahomebuyers.com

Old 10-06-2010, 01:58 AM

14 posts, read 82,246 times
Hai you all

Thank you for all your suggestion. I would like to know about George town apartments, 115 Fillmore St, Staunton, VA 24401. Do you have any idea about this apartment? And the area its situated. I herad from some one that its cheap and good. I really liked big sky but its little expensive for me at this time. I am not sure of frontier ridge, is it really good one?

But if you ahve idea about this george town , 115 Fillmore St, Staunton, VA 24401 can you post some suggestions or your opinions.Thanks in advance.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:42 PM

7 posts, read 34,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jepa10 View Post
Hey do you know this area - 204 E Beverley St., Staunton,VA , located downtown by the Blackfriar's Theater and a block from MBC. Is it a good area? Can you please tell me? If you dont mind can I ask you something else too..... I have seen lot of replies for so many questions posted. But why I am not getting any reply from anyone else other than you. I am happy that atleast I am getting reply from you. But I felt I am the one who is from a far of continent and wanted to know the ideas of people who live there in Staunton.
That is a very good area. Beverley is the main street, so you would be right on the edge of downtown, convenient to restaurants and some shopping. I know the building you are speaking of, but have not been inside so I do not know what it is like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia