Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What area of VA do you like the best?
Eastern 2 100.00%
Northern 0 0%
Southern 0 0%
Western 0 0%
Somewhere in the middle 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 07:04 AM
BJ2 BJ2 started this thread

2 posts, read 5,166 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I live in Arkansas but my adult children and their families are there in VA. I am thinking about moving so I can be closer to them. I have been to VA only 3 times and didn't get to see much of the area at that time.
I am trying to find a small town/city that has 25,000 or less residents, that is no farther than 30/40 miles from a hospital, has a country atmosphere and has good, safe neighborhoods. Is there such a place like this in VA????

Hope to hear from someone soon!
BJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2006, 12:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,403 times
Default Plenty of Small Country Towns in Virginia

Hi BJ2,
Smithfield is a nice small town. A hospital is not far away. Smithfield is quaint with enough small shoppes and history to keep visitors busy. But also it has enough shopping centers that you can get your groceries without having to drive for an hour.
Williamsburg, Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Portsmouth are all 45 minutes or less away. So if you ever want to take in a concert, walk on the beach as the sun goes down, go to a different restaraunt, attend one of the many annual festivals, or take in the wealth of musuems and history that are around Smithfield, it's all just a short drive away.
Almost every community that I've ever been to has a neighborhood that one wouldn't want to walk through at night. So before you buy a home in any small town, you'll want to find out how far a walk it is from that neighborhood.
There are many communities like you describe in Virginia. However, the more pertinent question may be - how far away is your family from one of these small, country towns?
Hoping you find the home and small town feeling you are seeking,
Dan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia