Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 10:45 PM

2,330 posts, read 4,410,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
oh my god, so now we are going to make north/south determinations based on ACCENTS. never cease to amaze me.

i can think of TONS of southerners who don't have southern accents.
Metro Atlanta, Central Florida, and South Florida are Prime Examples of Deep Southern areas where the southern accent barely exists.......

Old 08-30-2011, 10:45 PM

4,409 posts, read 6,566,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
YADDA, YADDA, YADDA

Maryland is a Southern State and there is nothing that you or any other Southerner can do to change the FACT that Maryland is a Southern State....

You and others can type until the keyboard burns out and it will not change the Fact that Maryland is a Southern State.......
I never asked you. Would you, honestly, travel through the deep south and yell proudly about being a southerner from Maryland? And then argue with everybody who said otherwise and/or called you a Yankee?

Old 08-30-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
i don't think southern culture is a negative. i think it's a positive. i'm just sick of everything in the south being seen as more "northern" every time it becomes an appealing place to live for certain city-data types.
Southern Culture is not negative but there are a lot of Southerners that are extremely judgmental and prejudice against people that they do not identify as their southern peers....

Old 08-30-2011, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
That would Make Baltimore and DC very southern then since they're below the mason-dixon line as well.
Southern meaning below the Mason/Dixon Line but Northern Influence with the New York/New Jersey/Pennsylvania/Connecticut/Massachusetts transplants now making DC and Baltimore their new home the same exact way they are now making Northern/Southeast Virginia, Metro Atlanta, Central/South Florida, Metro Houston, Metro Dallas and Fort Worth Texas their new home............

Old 08-30-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
I never asked you. Would you, honestly, travel through the deep south and yell proudly about being a southerner from Maryland? And then argue with everybody who said otherwise and/or called you a Yankee?
Ask a Native Jamaican if they refer to Deep American Southerners(Carolina's, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana....) as "Dem Yankee People"........

Old 08-30-2011, 10:59 PM

10,120 posts, read 10,020,712 times
Quote:
Southern meaning below the Mason/Dixon Line but Northern Influence with the New York/New Jersey/Pennsylvania/Connecticut/Massachusetts transplants now making DC and Baltimore their new home the same exact way they are now making Northern/Southeast Virginia, Metro Atlanta, Central/South Florida, Metro Houston, Metro Dallas and Fort Worth Texas their new home............
LOL they're arent enough transplants to change Baltimore's culture. Baltimore now, has been the same Baltimore its always been (Same case with Philly). If u dont see southern in Baltimore that's because Baltimore isn't Southern.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:02 PM

4,409 posts, read 6,566,901 times
Quote:
Ask a Native Jamaican if they refer to Deep American Southerners(Carolina's, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana....) as "Dem Yankee People"........
Wow. I give you a serious question instead of mocking you for once, and your answer is entirely irrelevant.

Thanks.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
I never asked you. Would you, honestly, travel through the deep south and yell proudly about being a southerner from Maryland?
We know some of you Southerners have some deep rooted HATE towards the state of Maryland and I know for a FACT that none of the Southerners that I have encountered with when I traveled through the Carolina's and Georgia ever had the urge to come at me crazy whenever I claim Maryland being a Southern State......

Most of the Southerners that I have dealt with in the Carolina's, Georgia, and Florida have the COMMON KNOWLEDGE that Maryland is a Southern State..........

The only people that I know that try to dispute the Facts of Maryland being Southern were doing soo because they hated the state of Maryland mostly due to ignorant stereotypes that they heard relating to bad remarks about the city of Baltimore in which they felt that the city of Baltimore defined the Entire state of Maryland in which they have sadly mistaken and for the most part NEVER EVER step foot into the state of Maryland.....

Old 08-30-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
LOL they're arent enough transplants to change Baltimore's culture. Baltimore now, has been the same Baltimore its always been (Same case with Philly). If u dont see southern in Baltimore that's because Baltimore isn't Southern.
I don't see Southern in Richmond, Norfolk, Newport News, Arlington, Fairfax, or Alexandria.......

So if we are going by your statement then Southeast Virginia and Northern Virginia are not Southern......

Old 08-30-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Wow. I give you a serious question instead of mocking you for once, and your answer is entirely irrelevant.

Thanks.
If you call that a serious question then your whole entire argument against Maryland being a southern state is to not be taking seriously.........

And again whether you like it or not Maryland is a Southern State along with Virginia.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia