Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2009, 01:14 PM

6 posts, read 15,850 times

Advertisements

I am looking to move from Pennsylvania to Virginia. And my wife has made it clear it must be close to the beach. So from my view, my options are from anywhere around Richmond and east towards Virginia Beach.

I am having problems find reliable or helpful sites to give me the following data and was hoping the community here at City-Data might be able to help:

1) I am looking for a website that can give me helpful, useful information about areas in a city. I have been to allot of city comparison sites that give you a bunch of numbers, but they require specific zip codes. For example, if I wanted to move Richmond, I first have to find out what areas in Richmond would be nice areas and areas I might want to avoid. Based on that information I can look up zip codes to get more specific details such as these comparison sites give you.

2) A site that I can specify job types and an area (or state) and it be able to give some analysis on where the best areas for those types of jobs, or job growth is in the specified area/state..ect.

If you have any sites that you have used this would be highly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 01:34 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,975,688 times
While not exactly what you are seeking try Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed It's a good place to start .

Last edited by Yac; 02-24-2009 at 05:20 AM..

Old 01-22-2009, 03:42 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
Try the various Chamber of Commerce sites.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:43 PM

6 posts, read 15,850 times
Thanks Mr. Williamsburgh (Fav place in VA)....

I have been there. The problem is, I know I want to move to VA, and I have some areas in mind (as mentioned in original post), but since I live in PA, it is hard to know what areas in (i.e. Richmond, Viriginia Beach...ect) are the areas that I would want to live in. I nneed that information before I can hunt down the required Zip Codes that most places need to get the detailed information about.

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Williamsburg View Post
While not exactly what you are seeking try Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed It's a good place to start .

Last edited by Yac; 02-24-2009 at 05:20 AM..

Old 01-22-2009, 05:44 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
I assume you are coming from Pittsburgh (I'm from there originally) - you might want to reconsider some areas because the traffic is horrendous! We live in Alexandria now and it's just as bad there. Thankfully, we like Alexandria and are willing to commute to the beach. It really depends on what kind(s) of jobs you are looking for (and how much you are willing to spend). I THOUGHT I wanted to live nearer to the beach also, but there are some things that make it just "not worth" it in my mind. GO STEELERS

Old 01-23-2009, 07:09 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,449,073 times
Go to the Hampton Roads forum...you should find some answers to your questions there.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:26 AM

31 posts, read 116,837 times
Hi pghtech,
I hope the following sites will help you find good info on Charlottesville area:
www.readthehook.com, charlottesville.org, www.c-ville.com/
As for zip codes, I suggest: 22902, 22903, 22911
Tanja
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia