Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 04:14 AM

5 posts, read 23,851 times

Advertisements

We may be moving to Chase City but know nothing about it.Is there anything to do, we have 2 kids aged 8 + 9 and don't want to live where they (and us) will be isolated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2007, 06:31 AM

I would just like to thank everyone who has answered my thread. You have been most helpful

Old 02-22-2007, 07:07 AM

989 posts, read 2,854,446 times
I've never heard of Chase City. Where in Virginia is it?

Old 02-22-2007, 08:46 AM

I think it is called Mecklenburg County(You'll have to forgive me if I've spelt that wrong). Its about 60 miles north of Durham

Old 02-22-2007, 04:37 PM

213 posts, read 1,020,432 times
according to mapquest.com chase city is NOT 60 mi north of durham (you do mean durham, NC, coorect?) it is little blip in the middle of nowhere in the southern part of the State. Is this where you are moving? If so, maybe you have no responses since no one here has knowledge of the area. contact a local realtor, take a trip and talk in person to the locals.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:12 AM

I was kinda hoping some locals would be reading this.As you can see from my location I am not going to be able to visit and speak to anyone in person.I have been on to the agents selling the house to ask for more info on the area but I am still waiting for a reply.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:20 PM

2 posts, read 10,083 times
I live just outside Chase City and I think it is a very nice, small town. There are alot of sports for children to participate in for the fall and summer. The schools are not the best in the state but they are pretty good. The only thing is that there is not a lot of jobs in the area nad most people have to drive 20- 30 minutes for work. But if you are looking for a nice littl town with a low crime rate and low cost housing this is the place. It is not the place forcityslickers. this is a 100 percent country area. The best part of it all is the people. BEST in the world

Old 09-14-2007, 12:26 PM

2 posts, read 10,083 times
Very nice little town but 1.5 hours away from all big cities. small community and schools that are a positive for children.softball, baseball, soccer, dance, hunting and fishing, very close to Kerr Lake. Very friendly and nice people.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:09 PM

3 posts, read 13,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyjak View Post
We may be moving to Chase City but know nothing about it.Is there anything to do, we have 2 kids aged 8 + 9 and don't want to live where they (and us) will be isolated.
I moved from New York in 2002 from Manhattan. Its a nice little town with friendly people. I do most of my shopping in Richmond VA or South Hill. I breed horses and love the farm life. I would give it an A+ for children. They always have something going on for the kids to do. Its a safer and cheaper to live in Mecklenburg County. You can find a nice home down here and enjoy the clean air. They might be building an Ethanol Plant in Chase City so I would live at least 7 to 8 miles from the town of Chase City to be on the safe side. Call the Mayor and the town supervisors about the Ethanol Plant and see wha t they say about it. Good luck to you and your family.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:29 PM

624 posts, read 1,161,111 times
Default Chase City

I don't live in Chase City , but have passed through that area many times doing some volunteer work. Its very pretty, low cost of living, but in order to have those things you are going to give up some things, I think the only movie theater closed recently. Not much in employment however, from what I understand, if you are seeking work.

Chase City is the larger town in that area I think. Adjoining towns are Victoria, Blackstone,Kendbridge,and South Boston/Halifax and Keysville. South Boston has a nice hospital, and Farmville is not far away either.

I used to think that area was really remote until I started traveling through that area, it is in some ways still remote, but I prefer it to northern Virginia and Va Beach/Coastal area. I live in Pittsylvania County about a 45 minute drive from Chase City, maybe not that long a drive.

One thing I always look for is a library. Any town with a nice library gets a big plus in my book.

Last edited by Sunset_Va; 02-26-2008 at 06:31 PM.. Reason: Spell Check
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia