Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 12:53 PM

4 posts, read 18,194 times

Advertisements

Gladhatter...
You know Nothing of the People you speak of!
Haysi would be gone without them!!!!!!!
You Know Nothing!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 04:17 PM

15 posts, read 74,659 times
Gladhatters comments are straight up and honest and the folks that say differently are the ones that choose to try to make a lie the truth or bury their heads in the sand to advoid the harsh realities of such drug infested rat holes.

Haysi is a one mile or so cut between two rock mountains and has a river beside in and cannot help but being a flood area.

The inhabitants are good hill people a generation ago that are now replaced with drug infested riff raff. Sure they have a couple beer joints as well if that counts for anything. They have the infamous Rual Fuller that is the worst excuse for a human being that ever existed and employees in the past slave labor from mentally challeged and under the table resident disabled miners to work at a coal prep plant that he stole from Eddie Hammond after he killed him and got Judge Phillips to partner up with him on it then. We have the famous Jim O'quinn that is not a bad guy but is in the thick of it with the judge and Rual and politicians else where selling the flood cars and sending them to Ikes garage to be fixed once they are sold so he can double dip and the judge to enforce it all stays going... But you know that was 20 years past now and it has only gotten worse since then.

YOu had Pappy Jack Fraiser and Jerry Thacker selling and having sold for them every drug man kind has ever heard of and thier teen age prostitues and drug whores supporting all that action. You have Larry Fuller and Jeff Gibson and thier lot all doing similarly and now who handles all that drug trafficking I do not know nor do I know who currently handles the corruption down that way as I try to not go there any more since Pete and Carmen that worked for Rual both killed themselves.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:57 AM

4 posts, read 18,194 times
Default Since you know so much

I would Love to speak to you Personally
Email me a phone number!

Old 06-25-2009, 04:28 PM

15 posts, read 74,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haysi lifelong resident View Post
Gladhatter...
You know Nothing of the People you speak of!
Haysi would be gone without them!!!!!!!
You Know Nothing!!!

I think I know about as much as anyone about the people I speak of being life friends or enemies with the lot of them. Haysi would not be gone without them just better off is all.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,606 times
My fathers family was from Haysi/Birchleaf they were the Edwards. Wilson,Nelson,Vance,Gene ,George,Madge, Lola, and Johnny. I remember going up to Virginia to visit relatives and it was a small coal mining town and I LOVED everything about it. I currently live in MB,SC

Old 02-04-2010, 06:55 AM

3 posts, read 18,535 times
Gladhatter you are a tard haha

I don't really know alot about it but I do live in SWVA

most people I know from there are nice people

Old 08-02-2010, 09:48 PM

2 posts, read 7,166 times
Default So sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladhatter View Post
Sorry that you misunderstood hard facts and blatent truths as sterotyping. There is a big difference.

All I had to say was just fact without judgement.

The follow ups on this are just not true.

The law school has had one murder at it already, there have been a few murders in the surrounding area's as well make that more than a few and as for safety, Darron Mullins was cut from head to toe then dragged inside for his kids to find him dead the school morning following recently. As for the meusem, that is a crock and Donald Baker is not going to allow it to become anything of importance as Ralph is a self absorbed and greedy man himself and also only allowed his name attached for personal profits. Even selling one of his instuments to the place with no donations.

About the coalfield express, that to is a political sham. Mike Quillen was given the powder base contract on it by BRK and immediatly done as we all knew he would which was move it to the opposite and harder to build side or the mountain where Alpha can harvest the coal and leave in a powder base road and thus no reclaiming and huge grants and payoffs to help them harvest virgin coal in places up to 5 seams deep.

Yep its all a fine place and I would not live anywhere else but may as well tell it like it is and not like we wish it was.

I can't believe the tirade a simply question such as "Does anyone live in Haysi" has caused. You seem to be very knowledgeable about politics, financial situations, several conspiracies, and the personal doings of several of our prominent citizens. What you have decided to leave out is the strong faith, rich culture, beautiful scenery (yes, we still have some) and diverse history of our area.

I am not going to try to dispute anything you have said because I don't have a clue whether you are correct or not. I do know a lot of what you have written does not seem to be something you can prove as fact, but is your opinion. I happen to know some of the people you speak of and my family has had dealings with them. I also know at least one of people used his equipment to clean up our road when my sister passed away for free. Another of those people gave a member of my a job when he really needed it. I am not saying anyone is perfect-I am just saying many people have several sides.

Please, try to find some good things about the area in which you live. You seem to be a very intelligent, well spoken and knowledgeable person. Someone who is a product of this area must of done something right.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:34 PM

Location: East of Richmond, betweem the Mattaponi and Rappahannock Rivers
21 posts, read 58,363 times
Very strange but I have been looking for info on this little town for months and this all pops up today. I just found some of my biological family in Haysi, and Clintwood. I just wanted to say hi to all and thank you for honesty about the area. Of course every small rural areas have bad parts but nothing like cities. I feel the pain in the area I live in at times. Rural areas have no secrets like cities: we see the pain clearly and share each other’s woes. I do know of the drugs in the area and have worked closely with people who have been directly impacted by the pill's. And yes, local doctors seem to feed their community with them. Is the suicide rate high? I have been talking to some that say this small town and area around the town have experienced high suicides in the past months and years...drugs, alcohol, abuse, etc. all play apart I am sure. I worry for our small towns all over. But I will say, for those few powerful people in charge, with their money and high profiles, there are a lot of us "little people" watching and will be empowered to make things better. I appreciate “Gladhaters” honesty but my hope is that “Gladhater” uses this information to help those in Haysi and all over that need someone to speak up with the truth. Not easy to do. I hope to visit Haysi in October to visit my biological grandfathers’ grave. I would love to skip Breaks Park but need to see this little Grand Canyon so many have told me about. It takes a lot of guts to speak out against corruption and injustice….but compassion is needed for change to occur. I pray for Haysi and its people.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:21 AM

2 posts, read 6,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladhatter View Post
I am from Clintwood and think I know Haysi pretty well. It is the appitamy of back woods slumb living. Due to the proximity of WV and KY I think it is arguably the worst place on earth.

The drug problems that was rampant in the 70's that Jerry Thacker and Pappy Jack Frazier ran then are worse now as the local doctors do the supplying and its primarily the benzo's and the Opiate based pain killers.

It is also rampaged by what some may call religious fanatisism but then that comes in all brands and all places and usually only applies when it is convenient.

Its a filthy little place that once was owned and run by Rural Fuller and Judge Phillps and Jim O'quin.

Being part of Dickenson county it is part and parcel of the small town and political corruption as well.

I cannot imagine a worse place in the world geographically as it is a river between mountains and has to flood on every big rain.

Its like east Ky just accross the mountain with the mentaility being about the same of thinking yards are for junk cars to rest on and the once beautiful stream are for garbage and sewer dumps.

So I am not sure what you found attractive about the place back then, It it was Rurals coal temple that he and Judge run slave labor in during the 70's or if it was Jim Oquins flood cars on his car lot or if it was Judges likker store to make sure the drunks was all supplied with plenty to flush down the qualudes that the doctors in the adjoining towns offered so freely back then.

Haysi ? About the worst place in the USA !

Charlie

Old 08-11-2010, 06:52 AM

2 posts, read 6,624 times
Gladhatter,

Look around in Clintwood, drugs are there too. We all have had junk piled up in our back doors, doesn't mean that we are trash, or that we liked it. I've work in Clintwood and seen plenty of trash all the way to the BIG city. You are just one that feels he's above everyone from Haysi. Check your glass house.

Religion, God ask us to give it our all, and share His good news with others, I suggest that you find a church and see what He has to offer, it's much better than Clintwood, and YES even, Haysi. Convenient, when we see we have sin, His grace forgives us when we ask Him to forgive us. Sharing His good news is required of all believers, I will pray for you that you will find a church and be blessed by all He has to offer. Everlasting life! I do pray I will see you in heaven.

Yes, the town occasionally washes away, but the people loves the town, they put hard work into rebuilding it. They believe in this BEAUTIFUL little town and what it has to offer. Got news for you if you move to a big city, most people would look down on the hick from Clintwood, as you look down on the folks from Haysi. We all are country folks that live in these mountains. Adjust your attitude, you might see your missing something beautiful on the way to see the Grand Canyon of the South.

May your day be filled with JOY, J-Jesus 1st, O- others 2nd, Y- yourself last. God Bless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia