Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2006, 09:17 PM

10 posts, read 33,194 times

Advertisements

I am a single mother looking to move to a great new area. I like something safe, clean, and a lot of things to do. I love Miami, Fort Lauderdale, but to far from home. So.... is VA good? I looked at North Carolina as well, but I am just trying to find out where I really want to be. ANY HELP?????? Any info is great. THANKS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2006, 09:07 AM

1,726 posts, read 5,865,195 times
Yes, VA is good. Depends what you're looking for. Where are you moving from?

Old 10-17-2006, 09:22 AM

566 posts, read 2,986,868 times
VA is great place to live. Some of the best schools in the country, the best job market over the last several years, access to both the beaches and mountains within just a few hours....but the cost of living here is much higher than it is in most places. Then again, the average salaries here are also higher than they are in most places.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:10 AM

10 posts, read 33,194 times
Default Where to move??? VA, PA, NJ, NC??? HELP

I am in Delaware right now. Do not like that after the summer there is nothing to do. From my searches it seems I like newer areas with a lot to do. Something safe for me and my child. Somewhere with a good night life, but not to much.....I am a mother. I will be a new teacher so looking for a great school district is important as well. I like to be around nice people with a lot of diversity. So, anything in mind????? Thanks for the help guys, I need all the help I can get. I am willing to look around so if you think that maybe some where out of Virginia is good to let me know

Old 10-31-2006, 11:52 AM

1 posts, read 2,122 times
Come to Petersburg, VA we are growing

Old 10-31-2006, 12:13 PM

566 posts, read 2,986,868 times
If you're looking for great schools, you wont be able to find any better than those here in Northern Virginia. For affordability I would look at schools in western Loudoun, western Prince William and Eastern Fauquier counties. I think if you choose a school in those areas you will be able to find a much more "affordable" home than you would if you looked closer to DC. Also, because of the recent development in those areas, there is a very good chance that you will find a school that is only a few years old with more resources and better facilities. The night life is still growing in these areas, but it wont be long before it catches up to the areas closer to DC.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:03 AM

482 posts, read 2,227,505 times
Default Good Life

Come to Nebraska. State the size of Germany and only 1.7 million people live there. Great place to raise a kid and the people are very friendly. Schools are rated as some of the best in the country. We have night life from live dancing to going to a rodeo. We have a lot to do for someone willing to look. Our down side is that our weather is very hot in the summer, to very cold in the winter. We go with very little rain for days to major storms in a few hours with tornadoes. We can play golf in January and be in a major snow storm the next day. Come to Nebraska and become a prairie pioneer of Nebraska. Come learn our secret that we keep hiden from everyone else in the USA so that we can keep it for our children's children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
View detailed profiles of: