Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2018, 01:19 PM

2 posts, read 14,880 times

Advertisements

Hi. Im a 29 year old who just graduated college. I am Republican leaning but not Pro-Trump. Right now Im facing a huge dilemna: while the area I live in Virginia is down to Earth and open minded, I am fed up with the illegal imigration policies here. Ive tried to be open minded about it (like, maybe they are just scared they are going to be deported). However, Im starting to see more and more that they would not mind scamming a legal, law abiding citizen to get papers. I was just expected by my land lady to help her nephew perform fraud (a crime that if I committed, could get me charged with a $25000 fine and up to 10 years in prison),just so he could get a work permit. I have tried to be open minded, but I just can not stop thinking that these people, illegal immigrants, wouldnt go to a great length just to screw me, a law abiding citizen, screwed over to get their papers.

There have been other incidents, like name calling, but that isnt that big deal to me as far as the big picture is concerned. I just dont want to move away from here to a city where everybody is all the same, over bearing and complacent about being White and Protestant, and not open minded to people who are differant from them. I was raised in Charlestown WVA and I kind of worried this will be the case if I move.

So I want to move somewhere thats open minded but not a santuary city. I dont want to give any illegal aliens my tax dollars. Can you reccomend some places? Even small cities are ok with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia