Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2021, 01:56 PM

654 posts, read 280,564 times

Advertisements

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ess-on-amtrak/

Oh, I see. Rules for thee, but not for me.... He's just another 'Do as I say, not as I do' politician. It's funny because he wants to enact mask mandates, and then he doesn't wear one when required.

Old 09-16-2021, 02:14 PM

1,023 posts, read 916,404 times
Is that Terry? I can't really see his face

Old 09-16-2021, 02:21 PM

654 posts, read 280,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpier015 View Post
Is that Terry? I can't really see his face
Here's another link. Maybe you can zoom in on it. It also shows where he walked around the NYC train station mask less.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mca...ource=hs_email

From this link: "The passenger added that when the train arrived to Union Station in Washington, D.C., McAuliffe was still not wearing a mask. The passenger, though, said they could not get a photo of him.

"I remember thinking I should say something to him, but didn’t want to start some incident or viral issue," the passenger said.

"I’m vaccinated, but Amtrak says put a mask on, so I put a mask on," the passenger said. "And when I looked around, he kind of highlighted himself because everyone else was wearing a mask."
He added: "You have an individual who wants to be a leader of a state here in the United States, and it is an absolute double standard. You have to lead by example."

The passenger went on to say that Americans "are tired of being told to do something by our leaders, and they don’t follow it themselves."

"Whether you agree with it or not, it is easy enough to throw a mask on for a little while," the passenger said. "It seems to be a constant – whether you’re the governor of California or a member of Congress, or someone running for governor of Virginia." "

Old 09-16-2021, 03:26 PM

1,751 posts, read 1,688,677 times
It is very frustrating when politicians do this. It’s so easy to put on a damn mask when you’re a public figure in public, especially when your brand and message is to wear a mask inside, in public.

The timing is suspect. I don’t recall where the FDA was regarding vaccinated people wearing masks back in July. For a while the mask recommendation was dropped before Delta brought it back. Regardless, every democrat in public should wear a mask. It’s too messy politically when you don’t!

Old 09-16-2021, 08:09 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,236,443 times
If a voter believes that for the time being we all should be wearing masks when indoors in public, including our children in school, and it should be a requirement, then the voter ought to vote for McAuliffe, even if McAuliffe has been lax. Because if you vote for Youngkin, the state will certainly go in the direction of "freedom" to be like red states where the governors prohibit local governments from enacting mask mandates, their hospitals are filling up, and their cases are spiking.

Old 09-23-2021, 07:08 AM

26 posts, read 33,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckatredlightsagain View Post
Here's another link. Maybe you can zoom in on it. It also shows where he walked around the NYC train station mask less.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mca...ource=hs_email

From this link: "The passenger added that when the train arrived to Union Station in Washington, D.C., McAuliffe was still not wearing a mask. The passenger, though, said they could not get a photo of him.

"I remember thinking I should say something to him, but didn’t want to start some incident or viral issue," the passenger said.

"I’m vaccinated, but Amtrak says put a mask on, so I put a mask on," the passenger said. "And when I looked around, he kind of highlighted himself because everyone else was wearing a mask."
He added: "You have an individual who wants to be a leader of a state here in the United States, and it is an absolute double standard. You have to lead by example."

The passenger went on to say that Americans "are tired of being told to do something by our leaders, and they don’t follow it themselves."

"Whether you agree with it or not, it is easy enough to throw a mask on for a little while," the passenger said. "It seems to be a constant – whether you’re the governor of California or a member of Congress, or someone running for governor of Virginia." "
Do you have a date stamp? Who knows when this happened...the feds didn't have mask requirements the entire pandemic.

If it is true this absolutely disqualifies him...I guess it would be better if the lead an insurrection.

Old 09-23-2021, 07:10 AM

26 posts, read 33,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
If a voter believes that for the time being we all should be wearing masks when indoors in public, including our children in school, and it should be a requirement, then the voter ought to vote for McAuliffe, even if McAuliffe has been lax. Because if you vote for Youngkin, the state will certainly go in the direction of "freedom" to be like red states where the governors prohibit local governments from enacting mask mandates, their hospitals are filling up, and their cases are spiking.

"Freedom" is code word for I don't want to follow the rules as I have never matured beyond the age of 12.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia