Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2021, 05:56 AM

346 posts, read 229,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA_guy View Post
"With 10 Days Until Virginia’s 2021 Election, Early Voting Picks Up, with Major Uptick in “Blue” Fairfax; NOVA Finally “waking up?”

https://bluevirginia.us/2021/10/with...ally-waking-up

I really hope NoVa shows up... because otherwise, yikes!
What's wrong with a Youngkin win? He's still the underdog here but I do hope he pulls through.

If he wins we'll see a course correction from both major parties at the national and local level. The Democrats will no longer go to serve for the far left -- which McAuliffe, formerly a centrist, has been pandering to this season -- and the Republicans (and Democrats) will shake off their obsession with Trump.

It's the best of both worlds and great for Virginia, to finally grow and prosper again under conservative leadership.

At the very least, it provides some checks and balances against one-party rule. It means politicians actually work for your vote again instead of feeling entitled to them.

Youngkin winning would be terrific!

Old 10-29-2021, 07:49 AM

830 posts, read 1,017,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural & red View Post
What's wrong with a Youngkin win? He's still the underdog here but I do hope he pulls through.

If he wins we'll see a course correction from both major parties at the national and local level. The Democrats will no longer go to serve for the far left -- which McAuliffe, formerly a centrist, has been pandering to this season -- and the Republicans (and Democrats) will shake off their obsession with Trump.

It's the best of both worlds and great for Virginia, to finally grow and prosper again under conservative leadership.

At the very least, it provides some checks and balances against one-party rule. It means politicians actually work for your vote again instead of feeling entitled to them.

Youngkin winning would be terrific!
Despite being a Democrat, I feel like some more reserved Dems are suffering from an enthusiasm problem, in part, because they’ve resigned to the idea that it might be "time” for a Republican governor. Almost like, this is just what happens in Virginia as a matter of course and balance. But I’m not convinced it’s the right thing. Too much at stake.

Not to be simplistic, but most of what’s on the Republican agenda seems aimed at make-believe problems or just trying to roll back largely positive accomplishments of Democratic leadership in the state. News flash, the Commonwealth has objectively done great under Democrats, despite whatever has gone on in the nation at large the last decade, whether the GOP likes it or not…hence, the made up problems they’ve come up with. It’s all they’ve got.

What the GOP is really good at is firing up the base with red meat in the form of lighting rod social issues and fear. I just don't see the substance whether at the state or national level.

Old 10-29-2021, 08:02 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,135,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquest1 View Post
Despite being a Democrat, I feel like some more reserved Dems are suffering from an enthusiasm problem, in part, because they’ve resigned to the idea that it might be "time” for a Republican governor. Almost like, this is just what happens in Virginia as a matter of course and balance. But I’m not convinced it’s the right thing. Too much at stake.

Not to be simplistic, but most of what’s on the Republican agenda seems aimed at make-believe problems or just trying to roll back largely positive accomplishments of Democratic leadership in the state. News flash, the Commonwealth has objectively done great under Democrats, despite whatever has gone on in the nation at large the last decade, whether the GOP likes it or not…hence, the made up problems they’ve come up with. It’s all they’ve got.

What the GOP is really good at is firing up the base with red meat in the form of lighting rod social issues and fear. I just don't see the substance whether at the state or national level.
Very well said. All I see and read about Youngkin are attempts to scare Virginians and restore some imaginary past (no one can). Everyone has trouble with the everchanging modern world but Virginia has been in relatively great shape (one of the best states) and Democrat leadership can keep us there. And Youngkin shows a massive moral lapse in support of the fascist Trump and GOP. Republicans really need to drastically rehabilitate themselves and I hope they do.

Old 10-29-2021, 08:35 AM

346 posts, read 229,205 times
It's dismissive to call things made-up. Parents are frustrated with local school boards and it's been that way for longer than Youngkin has been campaigning. These are real issues that he's seizing on, he isn't making them up -- such as the transgender rape cover up in Loudoun county and the FBI going after parents, mandates, school closures, racial indoctrination, etc. People are fed up. Telling parents that they're 'made up issues' is exactly why we're seeing the momentum on Youngkin's side and his significant lead with Independents.

It's time for a change.

Old 10-29-2021, 09:30 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,402,459 times
Here's another one just announced today that you can thank a Democrat for. This is another great reason why Jason Miyares is so important for our Virginia:

https://roanoke.com/news/state-and-r...0a975db29.html

Old 10-29-2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Why is that, all I have seen is his commercial where he would prevent people who are eligible from going up for parole.
He will do a whole lot more than that, but co-incidentally click on my Roanoke Times link above for some more reality.

Old 10-29-2021, 09:36 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
Here's another one just announced today that you can thank a Democrat for. This is another great reason why Jason Miyares is so important for our Virginia:

https://roanoke.com/news/state-and-r...0a975db29.html
So maybe you can answer this, I've asked before. Is it his intent to rewrite the parole laws that are on the books for Virginia or just violate the prisoners legal rights to a parole hearing? I'm pretty sure that the parole decision is based on the observed behaviors during the incarceration and not speculation on what may or may not occur once the person is out.

Old 10-29-2021, 09:54 AM

Quote:
So maybe you can answer this, I've asked before. Is it his intent to rewrite the parole laws that are on the books for Virginia or just violate the prisoners legal rights to a parole hearing?
I'll just say this, as I have stated before. A Republican implemented "No Parole" a short while back. The Democrats eliminated it. Now let's put bias aside and let Common Sense rule. Which way is safer for our commonwealth?

Now if someone was jailed by error, let them have their say in court.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that the parole decision is based on the observed behaviors during the incarceration and not speculation on what may or may not occur once the person is out.
How great is that working? Did you actually click onto my Roanoke Times link above? Have you been observing the ads on TV lately?

If someone was let out and you were victimized personally, let me ask you this. Would you have the same opinion?

Every Virginian has a right to Safety and Security.

Old 10-29-2021, 10:03 AM

By the way, No Parole did not just keep our Commonwealth safe, but look at the Message it sent to would be Criminals. It was a win-win.

Hope pro-Democrats out there know the real reason for it to be eliminated by the Democratic leadership. It was another tactic to gain more votes. The US Democrat's do it quite often.

Not really needed, but I'll even offer some proof. Notice that not long after they started letting Criminals out, they then announced that they wanted to restore their Voting Rights?

Last edited by 16 Acres; 10-29-2021 at 10:49 AM..

Old 10-29-2021, 11:10 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
I'll just say this, as I have stated before. A Republican implemented "No Parole" a short while back. The Democrats eliminated it. Now let's put bias aside and let Common Sense rule. Which way is safer for our commonwealth?

Now if someone was jailed by error, let them have their say in court.

How great is that working? Did you actually click onto my Roanoke Times link above? Have you been observing the ads on TV lately?

If someone was let out and you were victimized personally, let me ask you this. Would you have the same opinion?

Every Virginian has a right to Safety and Security.
Actually yes to both which is why I am asking the question that I did. The one commercial made me look up what he was talking about which was a horrific crime committed by a 15 year old over 40 years ago. Without spending to much on the specifics his words lead me to believe that he would stop paroles, period.

This article also shows that the law was followed, how do you see in the future that someone will do this? We as a society are not ready to lock everyone up and throw away the key and the candidate will be required to follow the law if he wins, not apply his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia