Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2024, 07:50 AM

3 posts, read 1,334 times

Advertisements

Looking for single family homes in Shortpump, GlenAllen within Deep run High school district.

There are very few older homes in the market, even when they come in they need a lot of work and are priced close to 800s. I have seen homes near the electric power lines or backed to a major highway close to million dollars. These areas are very noisy as well with the traffic and the new interchange coming.

There is currently low supply of new construction homes. Is it worth to buy in the market? I know Avenlea with single family homes (zero yard and million-dollar homes, high HOA) may start in the next two years. Beyond that, are there any?

There is new construction near the Henrico landfill, the homes in the subdivision are 0.3 to 0.4 miles from the landfill (per google map). I have seen lots of crows flying near the area and noticed some smell. Not sure if the smell is related to new construction going on or from the landfill. I am not sure about the rats/mice, and the effects of the gas that comes out of the decomposed material from the landfill. The homes are beautiful close to 900k , low hoa and decent yards. Is it worth buying it in the long term?

Any input is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia