Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2006, 12:37 PM

1 posts, read 3,156 times

Advertisements

Hi , we currently live in a town called Davie in South FLorida. We love it but realestate is wayyyy toooo high for us. 350,000 and up for a 3 bedroom shack. And I mean shack! Not to mention the hurricanes that we are still repairing from. I dont mind the hurricanes as much as if we had a regular home but we have a manufactured home which is beautiful but not good for hurricanes. Therefore we are looking to move , my husband went back to school to be a teacher he is majoring as a history teacher. He loves the idea of Virginia because hes from new york and all of the culture and history there. So now we must find where in virginia. I found danville, va looked nice but i was told that it has changed for the worse? We are looking for a nice family area , we have 3 kids 7 and under, good schools, very safe , friendly people a great community that has parades and people say hello and thank you like real people. I am very involved in my sons school and parents are welcome there. That is important to me. Also, my husband is jewish so we dont go to temple but it would be nice if jews were welcome and there was a jewish community there. Otherwise I would like access to fresh fruit and vegetable market organic would be great and cheap homes like up to 150,000. So, any suggestions??? I know I am searching for the impossible but you never know. Any input is greatly appreciated!!!!!! THanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2006, 10:01 PM

96 posts, read 384,445 times
danville, no..a stagnant place...it sounds to me ( as a lifelone va. resident) you should consider roanoke...a very nice mountain city (300 K in the Roanoke metro area) affordable, and the neccessary basic cultural amenities...some other places to consider...Staunton, VA - not as big as roanoke, but a very nice and beautiful historic city and still fairly affordable...

Old 06-17-2006, 11:24 PM

4 posts, read 30,927 times
We would love to welcome you to King William County, Virginia.
http://www.co.king-william.va.us/ (broken link)

We are a rural community and you could find a beautiful LARGE home for the price you are talking about. Our average cost for 3 brdrm home in county is about 79000.00

We would love to have a new teacher! If he likes history, WE ARE HOME TO THE PAMUNKEY AND MATTAPONI INDIAN TRIBES

This is a beautiful place to raise your children and it's safe here.

You can honestly say to one another, Welcome Home --- and mean it!

Cindy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia