Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2009, 05:18 AM

1 posts, read 4,813 times

Advertisements

Hi, Im a recently graduated physical therapist moving to VA from Ireland.
I'll be working in Petersburg, and want to rent an apartment somewhere nearby. I've about 800-1000 dollars to spend on rent a month. As I'm living so far from home I dont mind spending a little more to make it feel homey!
I'm willing to do around a 45min commute each way and would like a city feel. As i'll be living alone I'd like somewhere safe, and preferably with good outdoor/sports amenities.
I'd love to know if Petersburg would be a nice place to live, or would it be better/is it practically possible to live in Richmond or elsewhere and commute?
I'd appreciate all advice/opinions/what to expect! You Virginian's seem like a friendly bunch from the posts so far so maybe Im at least on the right track!

Old 11-03-2009, 10:38 AM

5 posts, read 10,579 times
Hi. Any of you Virginia folk familiar with renegade architect Mike Reynolds and his Earthships? If his Earthships fit the Bedford County building code, I want to have one built for my mom and I. Mom might feel more at home in suburbia, but I'm hoping I can talk her into country living, maybe with mountains nearby (though I don't know the lay of the land in VA). Bedford's nice and close to my college so when we move, I can take classes on campus. Anyone have any idea how much it might cost in property taxes?

Old 11-11-2009, 12:09 AM

26 posts, read 71,226 times
i am thinking of moving to VA from Florida. I have several horses and dogs and need lots of land. Can anyone tell me the best area to move to which is not crowded and private but not too too expensive. I dont want to live near a big city?

Old 11-13-2009, 10:17 AM

1 posts, read 4,776 times
Default Moving to Quantico area

My husband is in the military and we are getting stationed in Quantico, however we do not want to live in the base housing. We are looking to rent around the area. We have a 19 month old and one on the way, so schools are not yet relevant. Wed like a single family home with at least 3 bd and a yard. Like to stay under $1600 but be in a nice neighborhood. Ive done alot of looking I just have no idea on where to live!!! So if you have any suggestions on towns that are close to Quantico, affordable and safe I would really REALLY appreciate it!!! Thanks

Old 12-24-2009, 08:13 AM

2 posts, read 6,101 times
What about Victoria Va. Economy?

Old 02-21-2010, 01:59 PM

4 posts, read 14,183 times
Hello;
Montgomery County, MD is excellent in reference to schools, commute to D.C. etc. I prefer Silver Spring, Bethesda, or Gaithersburg. If you prefer VA then I would suggest Fairfax County or Prince William. However the commute from the Virginia side into D.C. is a little more hectic than the MD side.

Old 02-21-2010, 02:00 PM

If moving to Quantico, Stafford is a nice safe area. Also look on [URL="http://www.militarybyowner.com"]www.militarybyowner.com[/URL]
for reasonable rent pricing.

Old 02-21-2010, 02:01 PM

I would suggest Chester, VA as opposed to Petersburg.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:02 AM

8 posts, read 15,657 times
Hello, I will be working at DC in about 5 months but we noticed the prices in that area are very high. We would like to move to VA, commute no more than 45 min. We have two daughters 8-10 , looking for good schools(public), good comunity(any type), etc...budget between 1100-1400 (wish list 3 br 2bth). Thanks for your help

Old 03-16-2010, 03:27 PM

3 posts, read 6,356 times
I'm scared. My husband and i put a contract on a house in the Winston Trace subdivision (off Greenbrier parkway). I'm nervous because we offered a low offer and the owners accepted it and snapped it up!!! It's a beautiful house -- but what's wrong with the neighborhood? We don't have any school age children. Also, there are empty lots in the subdivision. Does anyone have any feedback on Winston Trace?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia