Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 12:48 PM

919 posts, read 3,184,622 times

Advertisements

Anyone know bout Danville Va? I had heard its not a great place to live, but I am thinking it might be ok to work there and live in north carolina then? Anyone know of where is nice in NC that is close to the border of where Danville is located???Thanks!!!

Old 10-22-2007, 11:26 AM

19 posts, read 90,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaharbour View Post
Anyone know bout Danville Va? I had heard its not a great place to live, but I am thinking it might be ok to work there and live in north carolina then? Anyone know of where is nice in NC that is close to the border of where Danville is located???Thanks!!!
I live in Roanoke and race my motorcycles at VIR near Danville, all I can tell you is that there is not a lot of work in that area. If you already have a job lined up, great and if you can keep it then you can get very cheap housing.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:20 PM

18 posts, read 93,976 times
I also helps to tell a little about yourself. Do you like the outdoors, museums, only drive or take public transit, that will also help for people like us who are looking into your best interests. Not everyone has the same taste, so one person's dream can be another's disaster.

Thanks. Janine

Old 11-06-2007, 10:16 PM

73 posts, read 324,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
There's been many threads recently from people requesting information on which cities to live in in Virginia. If you are about to post one of these information request threads, please include the following:

-Where you are working
-How much you are willing to spend on housing
-How long of a commute you're willing to tolerate
-If you have kids: Private school or public school?
-What type of neighborhood environment you are looking for: small town feeling? small city excitement? suburbia delight?
-Community amenities important to you
-Pie or cake?

We on the Virginia forum would appreciate it if you included the above information in your initial post so you can get the information you want as quickly as possible and we would not have to repost the same questions for every thread. Thank you.

PS: WTB Sticky.
i was wondering about glen allen area and what ever anyone else can suggest? I am looking to rent for about $1000 or less a month. We are willing to travel up to an hour away. Hes a warehouse supervisor and i'm an assistant manager. Our biggest concern is that we won't be accepted be cause we are mixed so that is our # 1 priority. we have kids so i don't want to leave a very diverse place to go some where no so accepting not to sound ignorant or anything like that. I am from ny and the prices are killing me!!! please help!!

Old 11-08-2007, 06:30 AM

836 posts, read 3,382,451 times
Default Maybe Moving to VA

Seen this post and thought I would ask....What area is best place to live?

We are possibly being relocated to VA from NC.. My husband works in Alexandria, VA. We do not want to live in the Metro area. I have been looking online at homes in Middleburg, The Plains, Leesburg area, And down towards Spotsylvania.
-Where you are working... My husband works in Alexandria VA and DC
-How much you are willing to spend on housing...230k to 350k
-How long of a commute you're willing to tolerate... 30-40 minutes
-If you have kids: Private school or public school? either
-What type of neighborhood environment you are looking for: small town feeling?suburbia delight? BOTH
-Community...looking for a nice rural area or suburban area..
-Pie or cake? CAKE..lol

Old 11-08-2007, 10:38 AM

2 posts, read 10,046 times
My husband and I a place that has never heard the words "lake effect snow". Our children are grown so schools are not an issue. A 35 or 40 minute commute would be ok. We are looking for a small town and would need a few acres for my 2 horses. If I had a choice of jobs, it would be at a college. Any suggestions ?

Thank you.

Old 11-11-2007, 01:35 PM

2 posts, read 7,080 times
Hey. My name is curtis and I am about to make a huge move. Its for educational, and career changes. I would like to know what types of areas there are over in Virginia that could potentially suit my needs as a person trying to make major career advancements and live good. I am looking for an area that can fit into a a multi-cultural, high minority focused, and career based community. I want to live in a area where there is plenty of transportation, and a downtown area business area. I work for Walgreens and plan to transfer with them to VA,

Old 11-19-2007, 09:47 AM

4 posts, read 9,351 times
Default Where to live???

My son is going to college in lynchburg next year, we live in New Hampshire, work in Boston, and really really are ready to leave. So we just came back from lynchburg and loved it, however, after reading the virginia forum, i am intrigued w/roanke, and also virginia beach looks beautiful. I work in cat scan in major hospital so that would be a factor. I just wanted to say that sometimes you don't know where to go and you may rely on people to give some good advice, that's about it thanks, this is my first post

Old 11-23-2007, 08:42 PM

49 posts, read 217,858 times
Okay the questions may sound silly to you...however, its difficult and frightening to move to a new place.

Many people want to look before they leap and these forums provide the opportunity to do so.

Instead of being flippant, please be patient and understanding.....
Thanks

The idea of a heading for this particular topic is a good one. To help everyone find their way when reading so many threads.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:00 PM

102 posts, read 526,719 times
Default to KS776

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks776 View Post
My son is going to college in lynchburg next year, we live in New Hampshire, work in Boston, and really really are ready to leave. So we just came back from lynchburg and loved it, however, after reading the virginia forum, i am intrigued w/roanke, and also virginia beach looks beautiful. I work in cat scan in major hospital so that would be a factor. I just wanted to say that sometimes you don't know where to go and you may rely on people to give some good advice, that's about it thanks, this is my first post
Roanoke would be a great spot. Carilion Clinic is one of the bigger hospital systems in VA and is going through a lot of expansion including the opening of a new medical school with Virginia Tech. My husband will be going to work for them next summer so we will soon begin househunting in Roanoke. We've only visited once but I loved it. It's not too big and not too small. It truly has a lot to offer for all ages.

Last edited by SouthernMomto3; 11-25-2007 at 09:00 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia