Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2010, 05:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,718 times

Advertisements

I have accepted a position from the NIH/NCI(bethesda). Plan to start on 16 July 2010. My family consists of my wife, 3-year daughter, and me. I am looking for suggestions to rent an apartment:

1) Budget : 1500-1600$ (2-bed)

2) would love to be able to get to work within 10 minutes - drive/bike/walk.

3) It's a research position so will have to be at work at odd hours

4) Safe location

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 02:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,423 times
Default Nih housing

I had a very bad experience from one individual named "Rossana Alvarez." She is in the NIH housing and rents a basement in Rockville. The woman never gave me a copy of the lease agreement, kept my money, cut internet access and harassed me with phone call, e-mails, etc.

I reported my case to Montgomery County but it takes forever. Anyways, be VERY CAREFUL..and take your time in finding the right place for you, take pictures of the place before and after, get a copy right away of your lease agreement, read the laws of Maryland. The women told lies to me regarding renting laws.

Not just because people are in the NIH housing website means that are the right people.

Anyways, hope you avoid the experience that I had.

Ali
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland