Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 07:56 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonJeep View Post
To Khemistry:
As an employee of Wegmans, I am sad to say that it is not only against policy, but also very harmful for our company for you to post pictures of our store. Exterior shots are generally fine, but interior are a big offense. I'm surprised no manager asked you to not take pictures as this is a policy our company feels very strongly about. I would appreciate it if you would kindly take down your interior shots from this forum and keep them to yourself. Thank You and Enjoy shopping at Wegmans! EVERY DAY YOU GET OUR BEST!
Are you serious? I'm sure your competition has Wegman accurately mapped already, LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 08:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,748 times
nice store we relocated from jersey and used to go to wegmens. we loved it up there and like it here as well. food court is bigger and nicer !

Old 01-19-2011, 03:59 AM

77 posts, read 294,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Are you serious? I'm sure your competition has Wegman accurately mapped already, LOL.
While this may be true, nevertheless we pride ourselves on being innovators in the grocery industry. In order to provide the excellent customer experiences we give every day, we need to stay ahead of our competition. We cannot reach this goal if our "secrets" are blatantly laid out for all to see. Again, taking pictures in almost any store, other than Wegmans, is a norm. This is done not only to protect the store, but also our customers and employees privacy as well. Thank you for your understanding!

Old 01-19-2011, 05:31 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,435,039 times
My latest revisit was Monday. I enjoy this store and will continue to shop there for the most part. I'm definitely a fan. Since there is an employee reading this thread, I have a couple of comments:

1. Please provide more of a variety of brands. An example - while looking through hair products and light bulbs, I noticed some obvious brand omissions. I like a variety of choices when I shop so I won't have to run from store to store.

2. Please step up your game in the meat dept. I've had problems with the meat (freshness), causing me to make three extra trips to the store. This has happened at other area grocers but I have higher expectations of Wegman's.

Otherwise, I love the store!

Old 01-19-2011, 05:54 AM

56 posts, read 121,651 times
I went there last night for dinner. Love the store. The dining area is cool. The staff is very kind. I have no complaints about the store.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:26 AM

3,307 posts, read 9,381,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonJeep View Post
To Khemistry:
As an employee of Wegmans, I am sad to say that it is not only against policy, but also very harmful for our company for you to post pictures of our store. Exterior shots are generally fine, but interior are a big offense. I'm surprised no manager asked you to not take pictures as this is a policy our company feels very strongly about. I would appreciate it if you would kindly take down your interior shots from this forum and keep them to yourself.
Unless there is a "no photos" policy posted in store, the poster was well within his rights to take photographs and do with them what he pleases. He has not done anything illegal and calling it an "offense" is a huge insult to the poster. I suggest you and your company find better targets to pick on than an amateur photographer.

The only thing Wegmans could possibly do in this instance is to ask the poster to take down/blur out copyrighted materials (i.e. possibly the Wegmans logo), but ironically, this is the one picture that you stated was OK since it was from the exterior. Even then, a small amount of photos being posted on a site as news (clearly how the poster was categorizing his post) would certainly qualify as fair use.

Khemistry- please do not be bullied into taking down your photos when you have done nothing wrong.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:44 AM

Location: Ft. Washington/Oxon Hill border, MD (Prince George's County)
321 posts, read 812,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcity View Post
Unless there is a "no photos" policy posted in store, the poster was well within his rights to take photographs and do with them what he pleases. He has not done anything illegal and calling it an "offense" is a huge insult to the poster. I suggest you and your company find better targets to pick on than an amateur photographer.

The only thing Wegmans could possibly do in this instance is to ask the poster to take down/blur out copyrighted materials (i.e. possibly the Wegmans logo), but ironically, this is the one picture that you stated was OK since it was from the exterior. Even then, a small amount of photos being posted on a site as news (clearly how the poster was categorizing his post) would certainly qualify as fair use.

Khemistry- please do not be bullied into taking down your photos when you have done nothing wrong.
agreed from a legal perspective
if corporate has issue they can send send notice to the city-data website owner for the "notice and takedown" process under the copyright act yet that would be for copyright infringement which is not the case here
beyond that, anyone in a public setting doesn't have a right to privacy with respect to photos being taken under privacy laws
if store policy was violated, you have to catch them in the act at the store and stop them at that time

Old 01-22-2011, 02:46 AM

304 posts, read 713,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcity View Post

Thanks so much for your knowledgeable insight. I paid the so-called Wegman's employee dust from the moment I caught his asinine rant. To be honest, I had no idea he had even fonted me until Edward quoted his absurd rant. That's how irrelevant this whole issue is. When I drive out of my way to spend my money at Wegmans, I don't expect to be faux bullied online by a radical employee slinging ill-informed propaganda at me. I'll take a picture as I please, especially considering I didn't do it out of malice, I did it to show how nice the store was. If I have in fact violated some sort of law, somebody with LEGAL authority, can go through the proper channels to have the photos altered or removed. That's all the time I'm going to spend on this issue. Some people need to get real. He works at Wegmans, he's not a senior-level executive for United Airlines. Let's get real here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechlawyerinPG View Post
agreed from a legal perspective
if corporate has issue they can send send notice to the city-data website owner for the "notice and takedown" process under the copyright act yet that would be for copyright infringement which is not the case here
beyond that, anyone in a public setting doesn't have a right to privacy with respect to photos being taken under privacy laws
if store policy was violated, you have to catch them in the act at the store and stop them at that time

Old 01-24-2011, 09:11 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,984,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowian View Post
My latest revisit was Monday. I enjoy this store and will continue to shop there for the most part. I'm definitely a fan. Since there is an employee reading this thread, I have a couple of comments:

1. Please provide more of a variety of brands. An example - while looking through hair products and light bulbs, I noticed some obvious brand omissions. I like a variety of choices when I shop so I won't have to run from store to store.

2. Please step up your game in the meat dept. I've had problems with the meat (freshness), causing me to make three extra trips to the store. This has happened at other area grocers but I have higher expectations of Wegman's.

Otherwise, I love the store!
Yeah the last time, my wife and I went in there, we had this problem. My wife was done with this store. She had seen enough and she gave up on anything positive in PG County. The store at that time, I think it was mid-December was not acceptable. It was outdated meat, produce, and some of the boxes of food were in poor condition. It was like we went back to Safeway or Giant. I hope they can bring the quality back up but it seems as if this county has a lot of places that believe substandard quality is acceptable. It is not and especially isn't at a store like this. I hope the employee is reading this.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:26 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatkins View Post
Yeah the last time, my wife and I went in there, we had this problem. My wife was done with this store. She had seen enough and she gave up on anything positive in PG County. The store at that time, I think it was mid-December was not acceptable. It was outdated meat, produce, and some of the boxes of food were in poor condition. It was like we went back to Safeway or Giant. I hope they can bring the quality back up but it seems as if this county has a lot of places that believe substandard quality is acceptable. It is not and especially isn't at a store like this. I hope the employee is reading this.
Sounds like the prevailing local negative attitudes of service employees is the cause.

Because I know in Rochester the employees at Wegman's are fanatical about customer service and quality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland