Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2010, 05:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,266 times

Advertisements

We have a sweet playful, but large mixed breed black dog. She is very strong and jumps on people. My husband is undergoing treatments for Cancer and is not strong enough to handle her and I am too small to walk her. I am hoping to find a temporary foster home for her while my husband recovers. I am not looking for free care. She has been spayed and is 3 years old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 07:03 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,423,220 times
Where do you live? I think you would have better luck hiring a dog walker to come walk her every day. That's not cheap but the walker may give you a discount for walking every day. If you wish, DM me for the name of a walker that I have used who is very good.

Also, consider a "Gentle Leader" harness, which fits around the muzzle and discourages pulling. There is also a harness that hooks from the front and decreases pulling. Either of these are available at Petsmart. There are the collars with prongs that I have heard work like a charm, but I've never used them and I frankly don't like the looks of them.

I know things are stressful, but if you can get your dog to a dog park once or twice a week, it will be a good break for both of you.

Best of luck to you and sorry to hear about your husband.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland