Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,576 times

Advertisements

I live above the square (over Austin Grill). It is terrible when the bars close - and I'm not a cranky person! The drunk patrons stand around talking loudly, yelling and almost every night - a fight. You will hear foul language, racial epithets and general crazy talk from 2 - 3 in the a.m. It wakes me up and it is the biggest drawback to living in town square. our rent is high but the building has been safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 01:56 PM

245 posts, read 1,171,521 times
Wow, i just came back to MD, and i'm shock to see how much it's has developed, condo/highrises everywhere and no more open spaces. They should have left King Farm alone and Rockville town center, this is not DC it's the suburbs. What's wrong with these people? Rockville is so overpriced and crowded and will get worse over time.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:56 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washingtonian View Post
I called the rental office. She said that they wanted 4K a month. I can rent a house in Chevy Chase or Bethesda for that. Are they out of their freakin' minds? For an apartment. Also, there is an additional fee for parking.

Good luck in renting much less purchasing to resell. That place is going to have a lot of empty apts/condos.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:09 PM

961 posts, read 2,026,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washingtonian View Post
I called the rental office. She said that they wanted 4K a month. I can rent a house in Chevy Chase or Bethesda for that. Are they out of their freakin' minds? For an apartment. Also, there is an additional fee for parking.

Good luck in renting much less purchasing to resell. That place is going to have a lot of empty apts/condos.
THe new trend is to build "Luxury" apartments and charge a premium.

Look at Archstone in Wheaton. I think a 2BDr is like 2K. There' the new Highland Apartments at 355/Deer Park (right next to gaithersburg high school) that's also expensive.

However, you get crown molding, steel or black appliances and 9-foot ceilings

Old 12-23-2011, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,110 times
Default Rockville Towncentre

1st and foremost, anyone buying in the Rockville Townecentre should have their head checked, Its extremely noisy, the police do nothing about it, the shops and eateries could care less about anyone living here, so noise can go on till way after these places close, with their employees hanging around, yelling , laughing, cussing, fighting,and all around making life hateful for people with outside units. I have been in the Rockville Towncenter for almost 4 years, and while its close to metro and store, its a major kick in the nuts. I began complaining to the non emergency police about the noise and they assured me that it would be taken care of, alas when they did finally show up the people see the police coming and they quiet down, as soon as the police are gone the noise cranks right back up. I then tried the Mayors office, whom also assured me they were looking into this "important matter", 2 years later they(the Mayor) hasn't done anything, no vote for her either, At the end of my rope I finally called the EPA, i got a response within 2 days, withing 5 days it was quiet ....for about 3 weeks...so the answer is we have to keep calling the EPA and bugging them to shut down the late night party goers.
On a final not it should be noted that the homeless population is strong here, as in many large cities, begging laying around and basically acting strange, also for some reason the out of work teenagers like to hang right in front of the starbucks, and rip light fixtures off the plant boxes, plug their phones into every outlet in the towncentre and basically make life here not a joy, I have no choice , I have to live here as my wifes work is 5 minutes away, But you have a choice....DON'T MOVE HERE! PERIOD! have a nice life

Old 12-27-2011, 06:01 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftaskincare View Post
1st and foremost, anyone buying in the Rockville Townecentre should have their head checked, Its extremely noisy, the police do nothing about it, the shops and eateries could care less about anyone living here, so noise can go on till way after these places close, with their employees hanging around, yelling , laughing, cussing, fighting,and all around making life hateful for people with outside units. I have been in the Rockville Towncenter for almost 4 years, and while its close to metro and store, its a major kick in the nuts. I began complaining to the non emergency police about the noise and they assured me that it would be taken care of, alas when they did finally show up the people see the police coming and they quiet down, as soon as the police are gone the noise cranks right back up. I then tried the Mayors office, whom also assured me they were looking into this "important matter", 2 years later they(the Mayor) hasn't done anything, no vote for her either, At the end of my rope I finally called the EPA, i got a response within 2 days, withing 5 days it was quiet ....for about 3 weeks...so the answer is we have to keep calling the EPA and bugging them to shut down the late night party goers.
On a final not it should be noted that the homeless population is strong here, as in many large cities, begging laying around and basically acting strange, also for some reason the out of work teenagers like to hang right in front of the starbucks, and rip light fixtures off the plant boxes, plug their phones into every outlet in the towncentre and basically make life here not a joy, I have no choice , I have to live here as my wifes work is 5 minutes away, But you have a choice....DON'T MOVE HERE! PERIOD! have a nice life
That describes every high density area on the planet. It's like living next to a public beach and complaining that the general public goes there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland