Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 11:54 AM

37,875 posts, read 41,890,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
It's more than "loss prevention" but more serious crimes like assaults, armed robberies, car jacking, a shooting or seven. And a lot of the apprehended perpetrators are not from Charles County but DC and Prince George's.
They can't be going all the way down there just to go to the mall. Or are they? I passed St. Charles Towne Center when I was down that way some weeks ago and from looking at the directory, it appears to be better than any mall in PG but I could be mistaken about that. I've seen where it's said to be the retail hub of southern MD so I wouldn't doubt it.

Quote:
Wait! What? I thought everyone was shopping online now and malls needed to close.
Folks have been predicting the death of brick-and-mortar retail for over a decade now. Well COVID-19 has hastened the demise of some retail establishments for sure, but the ones that can hold out until light appears at the end of this pandemic tunnel will probably see a big boost. Folks are itching to fully get back out into the world and I think shopping centers and physical stores in general will experience a significant boost in patrons as a result.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2020, 12:43 PM

45,319 posts, read 60,489,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
They can't be going all the way down there just to go to the mall. Or are they? I passed St. Charles Towne Center when I was down that way some weeks ago and from looking at the directory, it appears to be better than any mall in PG but I could be mistaken about that. I've seen where it's said to be the retail hub of southern MD so I wouldn't doubt it.

To go to the Mall? Maybe. For some they might feel that "country" place won't catch them. The Wal-Marts in Calvert are always nabbing people from the District and PG Inside the Beltway.

With the influx to Charles of Black Flight the cousins come down to visit and there are frequent issues.

Folks have been predicting the death of brick-and-mortar retail for over a decade now. Well COVID-19 has hastened the demise of some retail establishments for sure, but the ones that can hold out until light appears at the end of this pandemic tunnel will probably see a big boost. Folks are itching to fully get back out into the world and I think shopping centers and physical stores in general will experience a significant boost in patrons as a result.
Yeah, I was being facetious.

Old 07-02-2020, 04:01 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times
Quote:
It's more than "loss prevention" but more serious crimes like assaults, armed robberies, car jacking, a shooting or seven. And a lot of the apprehended perpetrators are not from Charles County but DC and Prince George's.

Wait! What? I thought everyone was shopping online now and malls needed to close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRRs...ature=emb_logo

Old 07-02-2020, 04:32 PM

45,319 posts, read 60,489,441 times
I wondered when you'd pop in. I remember when that happened. I'm glad you posted it because there are those who would deny these things are happening.

Old 07-03-2020, 05:47 AM

Quote:
I wondered when you'd pop in. I remember when that happened. I'm glad you posted it because there are those who would deny these things are happening.
So great to have relatives see that and ask is that close to you or do you live there??? That's just some of the stupid that the Mall brings here.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:44 AM

20,090 posts, read 8,995,406 times
crime and poor schools, Waldorf is a place to avoid if you want to raise a family in Maryland.

Old 07-04-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
crime and poor schools, Waldorf is a place to avoid if you want to raise a family in Maryland.
Waldorf has it's problems but it still better then any city in PG County ,ten fold! Better then Lexington Park and few other places also.

Old 07-04-2020, 07:04 PM

20,090 posts, read 8,995,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Waldorf has it's problems but it still better then any city in PG County ,ten fold! Better then Lexington Park and few other places also.

I agree, if it was a tallest midget contest, Waldorf wins!

Old 07-05-2020, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I agree, if it was a tallest midget contest, Waldorf wins!
Well it's gotten much better since you left.

Old 07-05-2020, 01:05 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,069,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
They can't be going all the way down there just to go to the mall. Or are they? I passed St. Charles Towne Center when I was down that way some weeks ago and from looking at the directory, it appears to be better than any mall in PG but I could be mistaken about that. I've seen where it's said to be the retail hub of southern MD so I wouldn't doubt it..
That may have been true in the 1990s, but now very few people from Calvert or Saint Mary's County will admit going to Waldorf to shop.... Calvert countians go to their 2 local Wal-Marts, or for a mall experience drive to Westfield Annapolis Mall which is more attractive.... Saint Mary's countians shop in Lexington Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland