Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2011, 03:41 PM

321 posts, read 1,125,515 times

Advertisements

Yesterday, I saw this article in the Post regarding how, at least in Virginia, some of the boundaries of the 'census designated places' have changed since the 2000 Census.

As Woodbridge becomes Marumsco, more than the name changes

They mention how the boundaries of the area that the Census designates as "Woodbridge" have become smaller, and a new 'census designated place' has also been created. This got me curious about whether something similar has happened in Maryland. I've been searching the Census website for a while now, but I always have a hard time finding what I'm looking for on there.

I'm assuming that since the Post has a map of the boundaries of the new CDPs in Virginia, that information about these boundaries must have been released recently. Does anybody know where I can find a map of this from the 2010 Census? I did manage to find a list of the CDPs that were used, and they seem to have separated Lanham-Seabrook and Oxon Hill-Glassmanor into their own 'places', but I can't find any information yet about the boundaries that they assigned to these areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland